RV Length
37’
Chassis
Ford
Engine
V10
TOW/TOAD
None
I hate to say, but the corners of my couch are peeling on a BayStar not even 2 months old. The outer coating is paper thin. This is a shame, and certainly not quality furniture. Very annoying.

I feel your pain. Newmar will agree to change out but still out something anyone wants to deal with. Take pictures and send to Newmar, right now they have not decided who will be the replacement for Flexsteel which has exited the RV market.

They replaced all my furniture recently and Newmar was good to work with. A couple of caveats.
One, it takes 8 weeks to get the furniture or at least it did for flexsteel. So be patient.
Two, you need to locate a Newmar Service Center to do the work unless you are near Napanee. Third, work closely with the Service Center and the part ordering department as they place the order under the warranty case number. Ask to be copied on all emails so you know where things are and that they got the order right. Expect to spend a couple of days for them to replace. Newmar takes care of their coach owners and hopefully you will be happy with the outcome.

Biggest issue now is management hasn’t decided who is replacing Flexsteel. Until they make a decision no furniture is being ordered for replacement. I have an appointment Sep 21 in Nappanne and I can’t get them to commit on replacement during my visit. They say they don’t expect a decision to be made till mid to late July and will not promise replacement on my mid Sep visit

@NWIP lets hope they make that decision pronto. They don’t have many options right? It’s Villa or?

There is another Company in Indiana that they are considering, can’t remember who

Williamsburg Furniture, a local company in Napanee is supplying the furniture to some of the new coaches. Thought I read Canyon Star, & at least one or two other models. The pictures shown in some of the 2021 introduction videos showed the new furniture.

They replaced all my furniture recently and Newmar was good to work with. A couple of caveats.
One, it takes 8 weeks to get the furniture or at least it did for flexsteel. So be patient.
Two, you need to locate a Newmar Service Center to do the work unless you are near Napanee. Third, work closely with the Service Center and the part ordering department as they place the order under the warranty case number. Ask to be copied on all emails so you know where things are and that they got the order right. Expect to spend a couple of days for them to replace. Newmar takes care of their coach owners and hopefully you will be happy with the outcome.

My hope is they use a higher quality for the replacement. I sent pictures, but got no reply. If they are going to replace it with the same junk, I might as well have a local upholstery place re-upholster the arems with good quality material.

From a Facebook page that showed up on my feed this morning. Looks like the peeling problem has been going on for at least since 2017.

Thor Seats.png

Nope, further back. When I was at FPU a 2015 DSDP was getting a fix for this.

Latest resources

Back