RV Year
RV Make
Tiffin
RV Model
Phaeton QTH
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock
Came to Pensacola to see our son and to meet our granddaughter, Ali.

Wanted to go to the beach but it looks like some folks are dead set on making sure they reinvent the intended use of a highway from that of a car to that of a protester. The other day, someone with a car decided they didn't like that new revision of the rules and gave a protester a ride on the hood of his car. Regardless of where you stand on the issues, challenging a 3,500lb chunk of moving steel doesn't brand you as a mental giant.

Anyhow, we're staying at the Pensacola RV park. A nice place but I like a little more shade and this place is solidly in the sun. Guess I'll have to work on my tan.

Attachments

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star 4369
RV Length
43’ 9”
TOW/TOAD
2016 Colorado
Lovely granddaughter, enjoy the family.

Jim

RV Year
RV Make
Tiffin
RV Model
Phaeton QTH
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
lol, you crazy Newmar kids. . .

Attachments

Jim

RV Year
RV Make
Tiffin
RV Model
Phaeton QTH
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
DSCN0678.JPG

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4002
RV Length
40’10
TOW/TOAD
2015 Jeep Trailhawk
@Neal is an advertising genius....

• Haha
Reactions: Jim

Jim

RV Year
RV Make
Tiffin
RV Model
Phaeton QTH
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Mountain Aire 4047
RV Length
40'
TOW/TOAD
2014 Honda CR-V
@Jim, that little lady with the huge smile will make your trip fantastic! Congrats Grampa on a terrific addition to the family.

Nice plug for RVF too.

TJ

• Thanks

Jim

RV Year
RV Make
Tiffin
RV Model
Phaeton QTH
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
This guy rolled into the RV park yesterday afternoon. The sun wasn't right for pictures but I tried anyway. Went out this morning to get some better ones but he had already left.

Anyhow, I spoke to the fellow, retired Marine, and he told me this Winnebago was one of two built. It's 45' long and was a prototype of what Winnebago can do if they decide to compete in the higher end market. Although I didn't see it, he said there is an island in the kitchen and with the push of a button, the island will swing around and become an "L" part of the kitchen counter.

This thing was HUGE! Very beautiful coach. Only wish I could have gotten some decent pictures, it was really remarkable.

Attachments

Last edited:

Jim

RV Year
RV Make
Tiffin
RV Model
Phaeton QTH
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Two GSD's, 10 days at the RV park, and I feel I'm qualified to write a book. "The fine art of picking up and disposing of dog poop. . . " the unabridged version.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
London Aire
RV Length
40'
TOW/TOAD
2008 Jeep GC Overland
Ummm, what is GSD's?

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
London Aire
RV Length
40'
TOW/TOAD
2008 Jeep GC Overland
Ahhh, make sense now.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4002
RV Length
40’10
TOW/TOAD
2015 Jeep Trailhawk
@Jim Gorgeous dogs. I have always been impressed with the breed for K-9 work. Amazing what they can do.

Jim

RV Year
RV Make
Tiffin
RV Model
Phaeton QTH
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
They are amazing. Mine even know when I’m in conservation mode and breaking the treats in half. I get an ugly look of disapproval over that!

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
London Aire
RV Length
40'
TOW/TOAD
2008 Jeep GC Overland
They are beautiful dogs. I use one of these to pick up after our 35 lb dog and empty in a grocery bag. Yes, I could just pick it up with the grocery bag but no thanks. They make these for small, medium and large dogs.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LQHKIJY/?tag=rvf01-20

Jim

RV Year
RV Make
Tiffin
RV Model
Phaeton QTH
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Heading back towards NC tomorrow morning. Hired a couple of young men to wash and wax the Tiffin (and the Jeep) so we would look good on the road home. Or at least until we hit the first batch of bugs. :)

Attachments

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star 4369
RV Length
43’ 9”
TOW/TOAD
2016 Colorado
Looking good for first 5 miles😳

Jim

RV Year
RV Make
Tiffin
RV Model
Phaeton QTH
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Headed for home yesterday. The plan was to stop 1/2 way and then head out early on Monday to finish the trip. Didn't go that way.

The chassis conditioner wasn't working so we ran the generator and coach air. That worked for about an hour before the air conditioner breakers started to trip. After resetting them a couple of times I decided that whatever the problem was, it was bad enough that I shouldn't keep trying to override it. Hot as all get out in the coach and the fans were basically useless. Dogs were miserable. We were miserable.

Then we couldn't find a place to stay as the virus had made enough restrictions for most of the parks that we just didn't want to jump through the hoops. Partly I guess from the fact that we were worn out from the heat and just didn't have the patience for it. So instead of stopping for the night, we made a 10-hour run straight through to the homestead.

Atlanta was HORRIBLE. We hit it at 5:00pm on Sunday, so I expected I-85 to be basically deserted. Nope, it was actually worse than anything I had driven through ever before. Construction was a real issue and people were driving like maniacs. Tension was high but we made it.

Got home in the middle of a monsoon and had to unload the RV in the rain. When we got everything out, the rain stopped (of course), and as I was hooking up the shore power I discovered that the access cover on the hot water heater had left somewhere between Pensacola and Franklin NC. I believe I know where it happened as the road in that area was so very bad. We were hanging on for dear life as the coach bounced through the uneven highway and potholes.

I figured it was going to be a nightmare to find one but to my amazement, they can be purchased online from Tiffin. And it seems to be "reasonably" priced as well. Go figure.

Anyway, we are home. I'll start looking for a generator shop to look at the Onan as I'm sure it's the root of the breaker problem.

Cheers!