• Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Ummm, what is GSD's?

Ummm, what is GSD's?
German Shepherd Dog. :)

DSC01640.JPG

DSC00275.JPG

Ahhh, make sense now.

@Jim Gorgeous dogs. I have always been impressed with the breed for K-9 work. Amazing what they can do.

They are amazing. Mine even know when I’m in conservation mode and breaking the treats in half. I get an ugly look of disapproval over that!

They are beautiful dogs. I use one of these to pick up after our 35 lb dog and empty in a grocery bag. Yes, I could just pick it up with the grocery bag but no thanks. They make these for small, medium and large dogs.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LQHKIJY/?tag=rvf01-20

Heading back towards NC tomorrow morning. Hired a couple of young men to wash and wax the Tiffin (and the Jeep) so we would look good on the road home. Or at least until we hit the first batch of bugs. :)

Attachments

• clean.JPG
    clean.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 17
Looking good for first 5 miles?

Headed for home yesterday. The plan was to stop 1/2 way and then head out early on Monday to finish the trip. Didn't go that way.

The chassis conditioner wasn't working so we ran the generator and coach air. That worked for about an hour before the air conditioner breakers started to trip. After resetting them a couple of times I decided that whatever the problem was, it was bad enough that I shouldn't keep trying to override it. Hot as all get out in the coach and the fans were basically useless. Dogs were miserable. We were miserable.

Then we couldn't find a place to stay as the virus had made enough restrictions for most of the parks that we just didn't want to jump through the hoops. Partly I guess from the fact that we were worn out from the heat and just didn't have the patience for it. So instead of stopping for the night, we made a 10-hour run straight through to the homestead.

Atlanta was HORRIBLE. We hit it at 5:00pm on Sunday, so I expected I-85 to be basically deserted. Nope, it was actually worse than anything I had driven through ever before. Construction was a real issue and people were driving like maniacs. Tension was high but we made it.

Got home in the middle of a monsoon and had to unload the RV in the rain. When we got everything out, the rain stopped (of course), and as I was hooking up the shore power I discovered that the access cover on the hot water heater had left somewhere between Pensacola and Franklin NC. I believe I know where it happened as the road in that area was so very bad. We were hanging on for dear life as the coach bounced through the uneven highway and potholes.

I figured it was going to be a nightmare to find one but to my amazement, they can be purchased online from Tiffin. And it seems to be "reasonably" priced as well. Go figure.

Anyway, we are home. I'll start looking for a generator shop to look at the Onan as I'm sure it's the root of the breaker problem.

Cheers!

Latest resources

Back