Peplink Help!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

"EZ"

Internet Forum Junkie since there was dial up!
RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Holiday Rambler
RV Model
Ambassador
RV Length
40'
TOW/TOAD
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I'm still down here in Florida. My wife has to work tomorrow. Rather than going home we were going to have her work from Florida on the Peplink using an ethernet cable as her IT department required. The Peplink has been working pretty well for the last week while we've been in Florida. I got her work computer hooked up and it seemed all was well. She was able to log in to her work email and she said everything was operating like normal. Then.............

Today I'm watching a movie using the AT&T SIM card when the movie froze and the connection dropped. Ever since then I can not get the Peplink booted up and running again. When I was trying to drag the cellular tab down to disconnect and then put it back into Priority #1 it never would connect. I noticed the green LED on the Peplink box is green for Status and blinking green for Wi-Fi. But the Cellular LED is not lit at all. No matter what I do I can not get the green LED for Cellular to light up. I've turned the box on and off many times by pulling the power cord off. I've rebooted it. I reset it to factory settings. Nothing seems to work.

Any ideas? Anyone ever have this happen? I don't know what to do. If I can't get this up and running by tonight we'll probably have to load up and go home so my wife can work. Please help if you can'

Thanks!

If you can get into the Pepwave control panel then it is booted up and running.

Use a PC if you can and drag the cellular into priority 1.

I'm not sure if something isn't right with your SIM card installation, try remove and reinsert it.

Is it possible that you have exhausted your data allowance on that SIM?

So, you didn’t say if you are still able to get a WAN connection via the ETHERNET cable?
If so, great…you’ve at least got internet. (Further, not sure why you tried to stream off AT&T instead of just leaving it on Ethernet.)
Drop all the other Connections to the Disabled section to get her work done.

I’ve got my suspicion, based on personal experience. AT&T may have knocked you off, based on provisioning if they didn’t recognize the PepWave.

If you have another device that is UNLOCKED, I’d put that AT&T SIM in it and see if you can connect. If not, good chance they killed that SIM. If it does connect, then maybe getting it back into the PepWave will work.

Have you changed any PepWave settings after first setting it up?
Any other SIMS in it?
Is this a Dual SIM or Dual Modem PepWave?

I don't think AT&T did anything, you should still connect, it just wouldn't provide you data if there was an issue.

You mention being connected via Ethernet. Confirm you're connected to the LAN port and not the WAN port?

I think he is trying to use Ethernet for LAN, not WAN.

I think he is trying to use Ethernet for LAN, not WAN.
Concur but if they plug the cable into the wrong port it could be cause for problems. Pepwave is trying to get Internet from their laptop? Not sure what kind of loop that could cause, if any.

Tru dat. @EZ is your Ethernet plugged into a yellow or blue port on the pepwave? You want blue

I
If you can get into the Pepwave control panel then it is booted up and running.

Use a PC if you can and drag the cellular into priority 1.

I'm not sure if something isn't right with your SIM card installation, try remove and reinsert it.
can pull the Cellular from Priority #1 down to Disable. Then back to Priority #1 to reset it. When I click on "Details" it sometimes doesn't show either card like it can't see them. OR it says "SIM card detected" but it never shows the information about the card. Remember, it was working and I was in the middle of a movie when it just stopped working. The Celluler light on the box just went out and it hasn't come on since. It's weird.

Is it possible that you have exhausted your data allowance on that SIM?
That's what it acts like but I have 96G left on the T-Mobile and 60G left on the AT&T. No way either one of them is used up but neither one of them will boot up.

Latest resources

Back