RV Length
37’
Chassis
Ford
Engine
V10
TOW/TOAD
None
I see a lot of very technical discussions on the Pepwave devices. I have the Wi-Fi Ranger Sky Pro 4. Can I simply replace the Wi=Fi Ranger modem/router inside the driver overhead cabinet wirh a Pepwave device, plug the skyPro into it and tehher it to my old Verizon Mi-Fi 4G unit? Will it help to boost the Mi-Fi signal. I don't want to spend $100/ mo on Wi-Fi.

Yes you can put the Pepwave there. I suggest we first look at getting your life setup without anything but the Pepwave (i.e. delete WiFi Ranger). You should be able to put the MiFi sim into the Pepwave otherwise there are options to get them to talk to each other.

I don't believe you can, if I recall there is some of the electronics on the roof portion of the WiFi ranger products. Unless the roof portion is just antennas for that particular device, but connector compatibility could also be a problem. Im not sure what you mean by tether to the MiFi device, most of those types of products don't have the capability to attach a second input signal if that is what you are referring to. Maybe someone else that is more MiFi capabilities knowledgeable can chime in on that part.

MiFi devices typically have their own Wi-Fi so the Pepwave can connect to the MiFi via WiFi if the SIM isn't moved into the Pepwave, which it should be able to. I don't know about the specific WiFi Ranger but the only thing I had on the roof was the antenna. I eventually removed it. Leave it for now is what I suggest.

With the SkyPro there is a box on the roof, where the sim goes. It has no sim.

My MiFi 66 series is plugged into the Wi-Fi Ranger's router (USB) on the inside (over driver). Wi-Ei is turned off on the Mi-Fi so the signal goes through the Wi-Fi Ranger routrer. I am looking for something to boost the signal of the Mi-fi and perhaps the campground Wi-Fi, while acting as a secure router for the other devices.

I am not sure if there is a sim card in the Mi-Fi. I have not looked. I am not comfortable with changing things on the roof.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back