Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

MossMermaid

RVF Newbee
Hi, I am Cindra and my partner is Fred. We picked up an older 40ish' Thor Chateau last year, dirt cheap, and have been offered a private, 5 acre wooded lot with access to electric and water to dock it, . We just need to prep the site, reno and hook up the camper, minimize our lives and move in, all in the next two months! The thing is, we are COMPLETE newbies to RV life. Aside from my renting a class C for a week long vacation about 20 years ago, we have no experience. We are based in central NC and both still working full time. This is a one to two year (or as long as we can stand it ;)) plan to save up a DP for a nice piece of land, possibly the one we will be docked on. We have LOTS to learn and a short window to learn it. Glad I found this forum!

First, welcome aboard as I too am in central NC. Not really much prep other than maybe making the site as level as possible. Then shoreline into the power source compatible with your RV and it would be like any camping site from which you go to.

You did not mention how you would hook into a sewer? You may need to buy a holding tank and go somewhere that you can empty periodically.

Germanrazor, thanks for the warm welcome. Our site is an undisturbed woodlot, so it requires a bit of clearing, a culvert, dirt and gravel for a driveway and spot for the TT. Got a local friend in the clearing business. Well and electric tie in close proximity.

Currently there is another stationary TT on the far side of the farm, as well as a couple Porta Johns for employees. Will have the pump truck empty us when they come empty the johns.

Latest resources

Back