Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Pickleball destinations for RVers?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Where are your favorite places to go in your RV and play pickleball? I've only really done two locations: Palm Creek and Hilton Head Island. I'd like to check out the Pickleball scene in both Naples and Mesa in the future. Anyone doing pickleball stays this winter?

We have two pickle ball courts here at DS. I have yet to jump in.

We are headed to FOY (Fountain of Youth) on the east side of the Salton Sea for at least a month (reservation made) and longer if we like it. It is largely a residential park (and a fairly big one) but it is neat and tidy, well managed, has a lot of amenities and events (near weekly music and farmers market to name a couple) and a couple courts for…pickleball! .

So while I’ve never play it, and my focus will be on biking and the three geothermal hot tubs and two pools and weight room, and maybe shuffle board and bocce ball, pickle ball may end up on the agenda. Also has a cafe, store, barber shop, post office, etc. Quite the self-sufficient little retirement community. Some very nice “premium” RV sites too.

Ive been there three or four times for short stays, and during the winter a handful of folks I know and worked with stop in for a week or two. A couple stay there for three months which is still hard for me imagine, but who knows…? Anyway pickle ball…..maybe so :unsure:

Back at FOY for a few weeks, enjoying Kona quality weather, and today played pickleball for the first time. Lessons, drills, then a game. This after a 20+ mile desert bike ride. Our into to Pickleball was a total success. Great exercise, fun, social - about a dozen folks today, which for this place is a small crowd at scheduled events. Courts are open all day - 2 in tennis mode, 8 in Pickleball trim.
A7582DE5-A4B2-4127-A891-43F8D6E362F9.jpeg
0DF37F82-6243-46A5-94E6-D7C768DB6745.jpeg

Trying to figure out those lines on that court....WTH?

Trying to figure out those lines on that court....WTH?
the yellow lines are the boundaries of the kitchen. Four Pball courts fit on one tennis court. The courts above have lines for both. So it looks confusing in the pic but on the court its obvious.
1992F2CC-42E7-4DFF-961F-A10CFDCFB1D3.jpeg

Ahhh, so they divided a tennis court in half length wise and that gives you 2 complete pickleball courts? One of the lines throwing me is the white line going across a foot or so net side of the lower yellow lines. I'm assuming this is the tennis court's service boxes? Is the pickleball court placed so the boundaries are outside of the doubles side line on a tennis court?

Where are your favorite places to go in your RV and play pickleball? I've only really done two locations: Palm Creek and Hilton Head Island. I'd like to check out the Pickleball scene in both Naples and Mesa in the future. Anyone doing pickleball stays this winter?
Any Cal-am resort around Phoenix will have a booming pickle ball scene. We were at Towerpoint last year and it was very active...I dont recall the number of courts but their websites have the details. Our place in Fort Myers Cypress Woods RV Resort) has an active pickle ball scene also, and a great community feel but very tough to get into for the winter months. I believe the rental lots are already booked out next year. Further north up near the Villages I know there are a few with active pickle ball scenes. Unfortunately no knowledge of Naples area. EDIT: Forgot to add, Our sister park Laguna Caribe will be built out by then, and would be likely to have openings, they are beginning sales and rentals very soon.

Ahhh, so they divided a tennis court in half length wise and that gives you 2 complete pickleball courts? One of the lines throwing me is the white line going across a foot or so net side of the lower yellow lines. I'm assuming this is the tennis court's service boxes? Is the pickleball court placed so the boundaries are outside of the doubles side line on a tennis court?
They divide a tennis court in to four Pball courts - two on each side of the net. I really can’t make sense of that pic either but once on the court it becomes clear.

Latest resources

Back