Coachman
RV Model
Catalina TrailBlazer 29THS
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2016 Dodge 2500
Fulltimer
No
We are travelling from Delaware to the Keys in March. We have 2 dogs and are thinking we may want to stop 2 nights and maybe just hook up to electric. We are travelling down I-95 and think Florence area of South Carolina and then maybe West Palm/Fort Lauderdale. Normally my husband will drive us 12 hours a day....he's a driving fool. This is our first long trip and I don't want him to be all "ragged out" when we arrive. Anyone of have any ideas or thoughts? Thank you!!

My opinion only, Driving RV’s takes attention and work and long hours can lead to mistakes. I learned the hard way earlier this year in a Walmart parking lot. I don’t drive more than 6-7 hours but that’s just me.

March in Florida.....hope you have made reservations.

Fort Lauderdale area could be hard to find place to park? Make sure you have a place in advance.

My opinion only, Driving RV’s takes attention and work and long hours can lead to mistakes. I learned the hard way earlier this year in a Walmart parking lot. I don’t drive more than 6-7 hours but that’s just me.
I agree....that's why are planning to stop and stay over 2 nights. Hoping to find some campgrounds close to I-95 so we can do the "hop on" "hop off"

Happy trails on your trip! Though we are seasoned campers we to are taking our first long trip to Florida in March with our 3 Labs on board. We're booked into a State park that allows dogs, but we're not allowed to leave them unattended for more than 30 minutes. That will really restrict us on visiting local attractions so we're just planning on doing sightseeing drives and maybe a pontoon rental so we can take the dogs with us. We're preparing to having to make adjustments due to Covid, but just looking forward to some different scenery after looking at the same 4 walls for almost a year! We figure our exposure will be less by being outdoors more in a campground setting than it would be by staying cooped up in the middle of winter in Northern Michigan! Hope you have a smooth enjoyable trip.

Latest resources

Back