Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

TJ&LadyDi

RVF "Dinosaur"
A couple of days ago, I went inside the coach to get something and found the center aisle (slides were in)...front to back...littered with bits of foil and what appears to be white paper. I figuredthat some kind of "critter" had gotten inside the coach, though there were no other signs of that kind of activity. Cleaned up the mess and set a rat trap in the shower hoping to catch the critter.

Checked yesterday and today; no signs of any critter activity. As I was leaving the coach this afternoon, I happened to glance up and saw some of the identical litter in the louvre slots where the heat pump air exits. It appears to have blown out of the louvres when the heat pumps were running (we keep them set at 50 degrees to keep the humidity down.

Any thoughts on what this could be? The litter is about 1/4" pieces. I don't think there is any way a critter could get on the coach roof and inside the AC/heat pump enclosures. Left over piece of insulation scrap that got into the fan(s)? We've had the coach for 2+ years and have had no AC/heat pump issues; neither have we had any previous litter episodes like this.

This one has me stumped, folks. Any thoughts on this will be sincerely appreciated.

TJ

Photographic evidence?

Sounds like what happened to us last year. Turned out to be a field mouse. Very small creatures and they can get anywhere. We have them everywhere and they are very destructive. Only solution for us was a cat.

bench press mouse GIF

Significant stuff. Sounds like an intruder for sure, could even be a squirrel?

Sounds like what happened to us last year. Turned out to be a field mouse. Very small creatures and they can get anywhere. We have them everywhere and they are very destructive. Only solution for us was a cat.
@Jim, the chaff pieces look bigger than what I would expect from a mouse. And, there's no sign of mouse droppings...and, those little critters can't go two feet without leaving something behind. ?

I just don't see how a mouse or other critter could get up in the AC/HP ducts. I could be mistaken.

TJ

If you or someone could get on the roof and remove the AC shrouds to inspect that's where I'd look next.

Significant stuff. Sounds like an intruder for sure, could even be a squirrel?
I suppose that's possible. It would have to come in from the roof though and I can't imagine how it would climb 13' of smooth, vertical fiberglass. Got a squirrel trap on the way from Amazon, just in case. We have seen a squirrel in the yard once or twice in the past, but there's not many of them around here.

TJ

If you or someone could get on the roof and remove the AC shrouds to inspect that's where I'd look next.
Therein lies a problem; this old dinosaur doesn't climb ladders any more. Not even for squirrels. :ROFLMAO:

Maybe this is an excuse to buy a drone. ;) Are they available with "death ray" lasers?

TJ

Latest resources

Back