Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Please school me on portable DI water units.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Neemer

Crayon Eater
RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
DSDP 4326
RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
ISL 450
TOW/TOAD
2023 Winnebago ERA 70A or 2012 Ford Taurus
I just began looking at these. I think I’d like one that gives me the ability to bypass the DI resin until desired. There are dual units and single units. Any advantages one to the other?

This is one of the most economical I have found. Portable Water Deionizer.

You may want to consider making your own.

I have same as @Neal plumbed in with a pressure washer in front passenger bay.

I use the Simple chuck spotless water system along with a 1500# pressure washer from Lowes. It's not a mounted in my motor home. Both work great for cleaning all my vehicles.

I've been using Deionized water since 2007 and it's the only way to wash. My first unit was the CR Spotless system that came on a cart. I use it for both the coach as well as exterior windows on the S&B. Last year I purchased the DI Rinse 50 to carry on the road. I went with the 50 as opposed to the 100 so I can stand it up in a bay with no sliding tray. Also the DI Rinse has a bypass to save on resin use.

I've been using Deionized water since 2007 and it's the only way to wash. My first unit was the CR Spotless system that came on a cart. I use it for both the coach as well as exterior windows on the S&B. Last year I purchased the DI Rinse 50 to carry on the road. I went with the 50 as opposed to the 100 so I can stand it up in a bay with no sliding tray. Also the DI Rinse has a bypass to save on resin use.

I don’t think I knew DI water existed in 2007. :LOL:

Do you know if there is an advantage to having a single or dual chamber unit?

On my CR Spotless unit there were two filter canisters and one with DI Rinse. I feel the single one is more convenient and more suitable forRV bay storage. I did buy the Pro 50 one is shorter and I can store vertical. Other than that I don’t think there is an advantage either way.

Latest resources

Back