Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I don't know what got into me but I decided to give some TLC to my cabinetry in my coach today. This stuff works great making the woodwork look like new and for a 2017 that hasn't really had much done other than dusting and the result looks great. Be forewarned that there is 20X more wood in your coach than you think, you won't realize this until you start cleaning every inch of it with this stuff! In fact I realized I forgot my half bath so I'm not done yet! But wow, all looks amazing.

pledge-furniture-oil.png

Keep in mind that you're likely oiling up a catalyzed finish. Or vinyl wrap, depending on how the cabinets were made. A can of pure silicone spray (look in the electrical section of the hardware store) or non-aerosol "silicone glaze" for cars will turn out nicely on cabinets with a catalyzed finish. Just make sure the cabinets are VERY clean because it's a pita to strip silicone off the cabinets. Once we finished installing a kitchen and laminate countertops, I would clean the countertops extremely well and hand buff a coating of pure silicone spray on the laminate countertops to help protect them while the house was being finished. It would last several months and lessened the chance of the laminate getting scratched or stained. Some laminate colours are "soft" (like the very dark solid greens and very dark solid blues). I did this for over two decades. The cabinets we didn't touch because the factory finished cabinets had a catalyzed finish on them and all they needed was a clean DAMP soft cloth. Or a drop of very mild dish detergent (like Ivory) on the soft cloth to remove cooking grease (use your vent when cooking!). Pledge, Old English and many others leave a build up and will soften some finishes over time. The lemon oil in some of these products will strip some dirt off, but mostly you are sealing the grime under a layer of oil. At some point, you will need to use a detergent to strip the oil off.

Latest resources

Back