Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I've done something to my porcelain tiles to where I have a haze or stain, most likely water stains. I've used various cleaning methods over the nearly 4 years now and obviously learned in the end that the steam mop is the best but one thing is to ensure you use distilled water which I never did. I quite frankly don't know what the blotchy marks are but I can't get them off. I figured it was hard water from prior steam mop use so today I tried a half gallon of distilled water with distilled white vinegar added and also baking soda to try and break down the hard water if in fact that is what it is. It did NOT work so I'm open to ideas on how to make the porcelain look like new again. Porcelain tile floors are like glass so if you mop even with a steam mop I've now learned that you need to immediately follow it up with a towel or dry mop or you'll get the stains I believe.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this? I imagine the porcelain being like glass is quite resilient, I just need to find the right cleaning solution to get this haze and spotty stains off of them.

I've done something to my porcelain tiles to where I have a haze or stain, most likely water stains. I've used various cleaning methods over the nearly 4 years now and obviously learned in the end that the steam mop is the best but one thing is to ensure you use distilled water which I never did. I quite frankly don't know what the blotchy marks are but I can't get them off. I figured it was hard water from prior steam mop use so today I tried a half gallon of distilled water with distilled white vinegar added and also baking soda to try and break down the hard water if in fact that is what it is. It did NOT work so I'm open to ideas on how to make the porcelain look like new again. Porcelain tile floors are like glass so if you mop even with a steam mop I've now learned that you need to immediately follow it up with a towel or dry mop or you'll get the stains I believe.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this? I imagine the porcelain being like glass is quite resilient, I just need to find the right cleaning solution to get this haze and spotty stains off of them.
I do not know the solution to your haze issues, but we have have always used a Shark steamer in medium mode, and with distilled water. We have used no other chemicals, and it dries so quickly that there is no need to use a towel. The floor looks like new when clean. Good Luck, Judy D. I also use a Libman microfiber dry mop to keep grit and dirt to a minimum In between?

Last edited:

I would try citric acid:

I did some research last night on Amazon looking for a good cleaner and it's seems like Lime-Away may be an option which I have and will try today. But I found this:

And will look at the Citric Acid option. I think it's important for people to know such as those new to coaches with high gloss floors how important it is to use DISTILLED WATER for cleaning.

If you use Lime Away, try it in an area that is a bit hidden as it is a much more acidic than citric acid I believe. Whatever you use test in a small inconspicuous area first.

I suspect there are varying degrees of quality in the glazing treatment. (Try vinegar - it‘s milder than lime-away)
I have 30-year-old glazed ceramic tile in a large section of my current home, which is supposedly less durable than porcelain, and I never have trouble like you describe .
But 3 homes ago (we were transferred a few times), I had a ceramic tile entryway, and a jar of picante sauce fell through one of those plastic grocery bags and shattered on the floor. i cleaned it immediately, but it still etched the floor slightly. Weird.

I would contact Newmar - I can’t imagine why porcelain tile would do what you describe.

Latest resources

Back