RV Model
Reflection 28BH
RV Length
35’
TOW/TOAD
Ford F-250 Super Duty
Fulltimer
No
Okay, so not that it would be used a whole lot because we seek and go to full service campgrounds. But in the event in traveling we were between one and needed to boondocks, a Gen would be great. My workplace I have the luxury of spending tax payer money to buy necessary equipment for my guys to work in the field. We usually buy Honda generators and I have a 3000 series and it is nice. But that is a just over $2000 setup. So I started researching price point systems that get great reviews. This led me to a Predator 3500 inverter generator. HF had a super coupon yesterday and just got some back in. I figured, gets great reviews from those using them for their RV’s, gonna take a chance.

So I bought one and after adding oil and ethanol free gas fired her up. Very quiet on the standard run mode and even more so on Eco mode. Hooked her into the TT and worked like a charm. The only drawbacks I see are there is no fuel line control to shut off and bleed the line while running to make sure the gas is almost depleted between use. Now if I use ethanol free gas not a bigger issue like not. But that is one thing I liked about the Honda 3000. But we are talking about a difference of $1300 between the two. Not to mention, the Predator is actually quieter and you can see your wattage and amp draw unlike the Honda. Trade offs I know. I was surprised to see the HF Predator comes with a 30 amp plug for your generator and not another expenditure needed. Now if they would just include a darn quart of oil too. Seriously, a quart of oil bought in mass could not cost them $2 for sure.....lol.

I know, people will say good luck and you should have gotten a Honda. Well, we have had some of our 2000i units fail us. Replaced those with Generac equivalent systems that I see and in field use as better. So while Honda does have a long term quality feedback, hopeful the Predator will give years of sometime use. Like I said, some great reviews on some approaching 1000 + hours with no failures.

Attachments

• 20210320_182504.jpg
    20210320_182504.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 11
  • 20210320_182523.jpg
    20210320_182523.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
Ok @Germanrazor because you asked for it "good luck " ;)

On the more serious side, my friend is on his 3rd one. He said the first two only lasted about a week. The one he has now he has been using over a month. Seems they made a change in the case that draws more air across the circuitry.

He however recommended the 2 year warranty.

Ok @Germanrazor because you asked for it "good luck " ;)

On the more serious side, my friend is on his 3rd one. He said the first two only lasted about a week. The one he has now he has been using over a month. Seems they made a change in the case that draws more air across the circuitry.

He however recommended the 2 year warranty.
I bought the extended warranty on how it works. You get the first 90 days then the warranty you purchase kicks in. I figure if I get a good one, I win. If not, most issues make themselves evident early on in most cases.

I will keep this thread updated as time goes on.

Now if they would just include a darn quart of oil too. Seriously, a quart of oil bought in mass could not cost them $2 for sure.....lol.
They may not want to purchase oil and things like that at the rate of shipment will change due to combustibles with the equipment. I know when I shipped parts with oil in them, shipping prices jumped.

They may not want to purchase oil and things like that at the rate of shipment will change due to combustibles with the equipment. I know when I shipped parts with oil in them, shipping prices jumped.
Forgot that they do charge for that extra. Alright, give me a $5 coupon to go buy a quart.....LOL

Latest resources

Back