• Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

juzueta

Hello!

I plan to do a few long stays this year and was wondering what everyone recommends regarding portable waste tanks. I had a Thetford 35 gallon tank that finally broke down on me.

Gronk

RVF Expert
RV Year
RV Make
Salem
RV Model
Hemisphere 346RK
RV Length
38'
Personally, I would try to find a tote that is equal to or somewhat larger than my tank size so I don't fill the tote and still have the drain line still full. The rest is a matter of choice.

Robert07

Just Idling Around
We purchased an RV Portable Waste Tank for home use when we needed to clean out our septic system. This is one of the smoothest rolling tote buckets I've ever used. I like its 3-inch conventional drain valve because it makes the tank easier to use and more reliable. I don't have to worry about lifting the jar to empty it. If you're going on a long road trip, I recommend choosing a 42-gallon tank capacity. I've never had that problem with the Barker 42 Gallon Tote Tank, and I've been using the same model for over 5 years now.

Robert07

Just Idling Around
We purchased an RV Portable Waste Tank for home use when we needed to clean out our septic system. This is one of the smoothest rolling tote buckets I've ever used. I like its 3-inch conventional drain valve because it makes the tank easier to use and more reliable. I don't have to worry about lifting the jar to empty it. If you're going on a long road trip, I recommend choosing a 42-gallon tank capacity. I've never had that problem with the Barker 42 Gallon Tote Tank, and I've been using the same model for over 5 years now.

I always hear people worrying about leakage and spillage. However, I’ve never had that problem with the Barker 42 Gallon Tote Tank, and I’ve been using the same model for more than five years now.