Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4326
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2020 Ford F-150
Fulltimer
Yes
I am terrible at tapping wires. I mean really bad at it. It takes me forever to get a good connection and often, the connection fails in time.

I came across a new solution called Positap recently and tried it out when wiring my 12v macerator pump into my fresh water power cord reel.

man did these things make it ridiculously simple and easy to get a good connection on the first try. No brain power needed. Best of all, of you ever want to undo it, you haven’t destroyed your original wire. Just unscrew and remove and maybe add a small piece of electrical tape if you’re bananas like me. They have a lot of different connections for various purposes so it’s a pretty flexible system, that will hopefully become more flexible in time.

Those look pretty cool to me. Thanks for sharing.

I don’t think I will ever tap a wire any other way

A other neat use I found for them was just checking a wire for power or getting a voltage reading without having to strip the wire. Just screw in a positap and then hold your voltage meter to the exposed terminal. Once you’ve got your reading, remove it and the wire insulation only has a pinhole in it.

Latest resources

Back