Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
We have started to focus on a new Toad. We did the Dolly tow for a while. It worked out OK but it was just another item to keep track of and maintain.
We briefly considered a trailer but think that would be a mistake.
Sooo, a flat tow of some sort. A Wrangler which is the easiest flat tow just does not work for us.
We have narrowed the choices down to a Ford Escape Hybrid or Maverick pickup truck.
Unfortunately Ford is in a bit of a crisis at the moment and doesn’t seem to be able to build reliable vehicles. Endless recalls and plant shutdowns make finding either of these on a dealer lot literally impossible.
The local dealer wanted me to order the car/truck sight unseen. And for that privilege they would charge me $$$$ above MSRP. No thanks.
We have chosen to wait for Ford to catch up with demand.
Thoughts? Does anyone trailer a vehicle? DC0588E2-628B-4106-A431-E535E8E70D52.jpeg

something like this

Maverick is not flat towable. Ford Ranger is.

I stand corrected. Hybrid was not an option when I last looked at the Maverick.

Good luck finding one.

Unfortunately Ford is in a bit of a crisis at the moment and doesn’t seem to be able to build reliable vehicles. Endless recalls and plant shutdowns make finding either of these on a dealer lot literally impossible.
The local dealer wanted me to order the car/truck sight unseen. And for that privilege they would charge me $$$$ above MSRP. No thanks.
We have chosen to wait for Ford to catch up with demand.
I've run into the same thing casually shopping (with no real intent to buy) an F150 or F250, both 2wd and equipped to pull close to the max without checking all the boxes that require super high profit margin appearance packages for what's otherwise little more than a 2wd work truck. I don't think they're in a crisis, I think they've realized they can sell less vehicles for more money with a smaller work force and better line executives' pockets with short term gains at the expense of loosing customer loyalty. They're not alone, Toyota wants a mint for the Sienna and a mega lead time to go with it.

For flat towing, I want what I suspect what no one else does; one of the last manual transmission Honda CR-Vs.

We trailer a vehicle. If you don’t like having to deal with a small dolly, I would assume you won’t like dealing with a much larger trailer.
We like it as we can choose the car we like, not have to deal with potential suspension issues on the car, and have extra storage (hybrid trailer).
The trailer is an extra item to maintain too.

Attachments

• 37C869AA-ABB2-4F48-B518-0FEBFD4126AC.jpeg
    37C869AA-ABB2-4F48-B518-0FEBFD4126AC.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 10
We are happy with the Ford Ranger we tow.

Apparently this upside down world we live in continues….

called several Ford dealers regarding a Maverick. Order banks “might” open in August, nothing in stock to view.

I’d like to just sit in one prior or maybe just see one prior to ordering it.

Apparently this upside down world we live in continues….

called several Ford dealers regarding a Maverick. Order banks “might” open in August, nothing in stock to view.

I’d like to just sit in one prior or maybe just see one prior to ordering it.
A friend waited two years for his ordered Maverick. Today he canceled and bought a Jeep Wrangler.

IMG_0470.jpeg

Latest resources

Back