Torch

RVF Regular
RV Year
RV Make
Gulf Stream
RV Model
Independence
RV Length
Hello everyone, it's Torch from Pennsylvania again. I am having issues with the Power Gear Leveling system on a 2007 Gulf Stream 33'. When I start the vehicle up all the the lights on my Power Gear panel flash and stay flashing, when I hit the power button the front jacks lower down and lift the front up, backs have never moved since I have owned it (4 months). When I hit retract all the front do raise but it takes awhile. If anyone has any experience with one of these systems I would sure appreciate some guidance to help figure it out. The controller is over $700.00, a little to expensive to guess at. Thank uou.
power gear.jpg
e.

My motorhome has Power gear leveling system. I went online and found a troubleshooting guide for it. There's a way to "reset" it, it tells you in the guide that I found. If I had mine near me right now, I'd probably have a little more info for you.

I wound up rebuilding the two rear jacks because the magnetic brakes on the motors were all corroded up.

My front jacks won't extend from time to time. To fix it, I remove the two screws on the control panel, pull it out of it's housing, unplug the wires then plug them back in. Works every time for me.

My motorhome has Power gear leveling system. I went online and found a troubleshooting guide for it. There's a way to "reset" it, it tells you in the guide that I found. If I had mine near me right now, I'd probably have a little more info for you.

I wound up rebuilding the two rear jacks because the magnetic brakes on the motors were all corroded up.
Thanks for the info, still have not found out how to reset them on line.

My front jacks won't extend from time to time. To fix it, I remove the two screws on the control panel, pull it out of it's housing, unplug the wires then plug them back in. Works every time for me.
Thanks for the tip, tried it on mine, no such luck.

Have you tried operating the jacks in the Manual mode to see if the rear jacks will come down. I agree that buying the control panel without knowing if that is the problem. It could be the hydraulic distribution valves not operating. It would be difficult to do, but if you change the hoses that go to the front jacks to the rear at the hydraulic distribution manifold, that would tell you if the rear jacks are working. Good luck!

Have you tried operating the jacks in the Manual mode to see if the rear jacks will come down. I agree that buying the control panel without knowing if that is the problem. It could be the hydraulic distribution valves not operating. It would be difficult to do, but if you change the hoses that go to the front jacks to the rear at the hydraulic distribution manifold, that would tell you if the rear jacks are working. Good luck!
That had crossed my mind switching the hoses, that will probably be my next step. Once the weather warms up some (15) here now, it’s just been to cold to try and work on latley. I was also thinking it might be easier to put a pressure gauge in line back at the jacks.

Latest resources

Back