• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Preferred generator set up for 5th wheels

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I haven't used my generator for this trailer, but before I just had the genny in the bed of the truck and ran a cord if I needed it.

I have an onan 5500 that runs on propane it works great. We have a 2019 Montana High Country that we just started full timing in about 6 months ago.

When we had a 5ver, I carried a Honda 2000 in a tool box in the bed of the pickup...which was sledom used.

Safe Travels!

I bought an open frame inverter 4500/3600 generator from tractor supply on sale for $400.
Didn't use it on the road, kept it in our utility trailer at our site in florida and plugged into it when the power went out.
2 years ago power was out all the time. After I bought the generator I think I only started it twice.

I bought an open frame inverter 4500/3600 generator from tractor supply on sale for $400.
Didn't use it on the road, kept it in our utility trailer at our site in florida and plugged into it when the power went out.
2 years ago power was out all the time. After I bought the generator I think I only started it twice.
What you bought sounds like a common worksite generator. Very noisy and not something you would want to use in a campground. Neighbors would be really upset.

What you bought sounds like a common worksite generator. Very noisy and not something you would want to use in a campground. Neighbors would be really upset.
Well, it's not. And they weren't.

Commonly used generator, perfect for a variety of situations. Plenty of power for most people.

Be sure to start it frequently to keep it running right

Commonly used generator, perfect for a variety of situations. Plenty of power for most people.

Be sure to start it frequently to keep it running right
I'm going to sell it, hopefully to someone at the resort this winter. I won't need it any more since I've got the 10K on the Monaco. I don't want to haul it home, I've already got one of the loud construction generators here. If I do have to bring it home I'll sell the loud one I've got here and keep it.

Our fiver came with a genny, which we use once and awhile.

Latest resources

Back