Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Carrollswa

RVF Newbee
Hi all, I’m new to the RV community. We recently purchased a piece of land to develop as our home away from home. In the meantime we purchased a 39’ TT to park to use while working on the land. There is electrical to the land but the meter needs to be replaced and a breaker box installed. What do I need to have the electrician install specifically so we can power the RV? Any other words of advice for using an RV on an unimproved property?

Welcome. If you tell them you need a RV outlet they will know what to do. You'll need to decide the type of receptacles such as 50A and/or 30A.

Welcome. If you tell them you need a RV outlet they will know what to do. You'll need to decide the type of receptacles such as 50A and/or 30A.
It has 2 ACs so I’d assume a 50a circuit. Would they just mount an electrical box on a pole with a special receptacle to plug into underneath it?

Depends where you want it. I had one added to my house, it's outside of my garage where I can reach and connect to conveniently.

Ok. Thanks for the help. There are a couple sheds on the property so I’ll probably have them mount the breaker box and outlet on one of them.

Tell him/her you want a stove plug. 14-50 receptacle.

And to boot you’ll have place to plug in an electric vehicle.

Latest resources

Back