Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Dalton08

RVF Regular
I'll get the model when I get back to the RV tonight. I have a 2020 Jayflight and I CANNOT figure out how to get the fridge/freezer to run on propane. I switch it to manual and switch it to propane and it's obvious that it switched because the propane symbol is there, then almost immediately the green on light turns to red which means it turned off. Does anyone know offhand what I'm missing? I couldn't find anything useful in the manual.

Thanks in advance and happy camping!

Do you need to bleed the air from the propane system, maybe?

Do you need to bleed the air from the propane system, maybe?
I did bleed it with the stove and even left it running when I tried the fridge, the stove is just before the fridge from the tanks but I assumed that would be close enough

Like Rosey said. I would light the stove to make sure there is propane to the fridge. Also if you haven't been using the gas it could take several tries to light. Can you hear the igniter clicking?
Let us know if it does light.

Like Rosey said. I would light the stove to make sure there is propane to the fridge. Also if you haven't been using the gas it could take several tries to light. Can you hear the igniter clicking?
Let us know if it does light.
Oh yes I definitely did bleed it and I even had the stove going WHILE trying the fridge.

Did you hear the igniter clicking? Take the outside cover off and make sure you don't have any mud dobber nest in there or anything blocking the gas flow. This includes any gas valve not open. If you are getting gas flow when it is trying to start you should be able to hear it and smell the gas. Has it worked before?
Bil

Did you hear the igniter clicking? Take the outside cover off and make sure you don't have any mud dobber nest in there or anything blocking the gas flow. This includes any gas valve not open. If you are getting gas flow when it is trying to start you should be able to hear it and smell the gas. Has it worked before?
Bil
I will do this tonight when I get back! That is excellent advice thank you so much! And I will be sure to follow up here and let you know if it worked! No I've had the camper for about 8 months but never tried to do use propane with the fridge before.

To second what Bille said, you should hear the igniter clicking continuously trying to light the fridge. If you don't, could be the igniter is burnt out or not wired in correctly or something like that.

My dad lights the fridge in his 1985 Vanguard manually but I don't know if new trailers will let you do that any more.

Well it was definitely a novice issue! I tried all of your excellent advice to no avail, and then had a random thought. I'd been trying to run the fridge on propane but never unhooked the power, both at the house (110) AND at campsite (30A) but what I failed to do is unplug the dang thing and try it that way! Anyway, it works just fine when unplugged lol, I appreciate all of your advice

Weird. I wonder why that should be.

Latest resources

Back