• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

LKARVers

RVF Newbee
Good evening, new member here!

So my husband and I purchased my parent's old 2010 Keystone Bullet TT after my father passed away and he was the expert on all things camper. It had been sitting for 2 years with no use. Prior to parking, there were no major issues. However, now we have a few!

1. anything that runs off of propane, is not working. Tanks were full, valves were open, and the gas switch was on
2. we now have some major delamination of the siding..argh! (however, we believe we have a plan for that, wish us luck!)
3. AC runs well, but not cooling. Checked the unit, looks clean, and the filters are clean as well.

If anyone has any suggestions as to some troubleshooting we could do I would so appreciate it!

Welcome, sorry to hear about your Dad.

If there is no power to the solenoid or the propane detector, the solenoid will not open and allow the propane to flow. The most common cause for this is no power to the solenoid or propane detector due to a dead battery or a disconnected or broken wire.
Sounds like the AC compressor is not turning on. May be a fuse, if it’s below 60 outside the compressor may not function properly.

Welcome, sorry to hear about your Dad.

If there is no power to the solenoid or the propane detector, the solenoid will not open and allow the propane to flow. The most common cause for this is no power to the solenoid or propane detector due to a dead battery or a disconnected or broken wire.
Sounds like the AC compressor is not turning on. May be a fuse, if it’s below 60 outside the compressor may not function properly.

Thank you for your response, my dad would be so happy to see that we will continue to give life to his baby! We've totally redone the inside and just got materials to totally redo the outside as well! I can't wait for warmer weather.

These are new ideas for us to check on, thank you! We had almost come to the conclusion that we're possibly needing freon which we know now is not possible so we figured we were just out of luck in the AC area, so thanks, we will check this! Great article too!

Oh but yes. Get a reputable HVAC technician to add a Shrader valve to the AC unit. Pull a vacuum on the system and recharge it with refrigerant. {We haven't used FREON in years.} Total cost should be about $150. I know. I had this done to ours. Saved some $1500 for a new AC unit as quoted by a local RV dealer saying the unit is sealed and can not be serviced. BS!

Good evening, new member here!

So my husband and I purchased my parent's old 2010 Keystone Bullet TT after my father passed away and he was the expert on all things camper. It had been sitting for 2 years with no use. Prior to parking, there were no major issues. However, now we have a few!

1. anything that runs off of propane, is not working. Tanks were full, valves were open, and the gas switch was on
2. we now have some major delamination of the siding..argh! (however, we believe we have a plan for that, wish us luck!)
3. AC runs well, but not cooling. Checked the unit, looks clean, and the filters are clean as well.

If anyone has any suggestions as to some troubleshooting we could do I would so appreciate it!
Just an idea. On both my older Mallard and now my Gulf Stream AND my motor home Bounder, the switch at the propane tank gets plugged up. Not sure what it is called. Big round diaphragm unit. They get plugged with oils and wont allow gas to flow. Replace it.

Latest resources

Back