Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

xxiiiliv

RVF Regular
New here with a question. Today, we had a fire behind the fridge. After the hub bub, I studied it for awhile. In the access compartment, the hose comes in and immediately turns a gooseneck, then immediately a 180 to the burner. It appears that at the gooseneck, it was so close to the burner, that it dried out, then leaked. When I started the fridge, the hose ignited. The hose is severed at that point and at the burner. My question is, when I take it in for inspection, what can I expect them to want to do as far as inspection. The vent on the roof was melted some as well

With what you’ve said, it shouldn’t take much of an “inspection.” You don’t mention the age of the RV, so I don’t know whether this will be a warranty claim, whether insurance will be involved or whether you are on the hook for repairing the damage. I’d let them look at whatever they want to look at, but would ask that before repairs actually begin, you have a sit-down with them and discuss their proposed solution and the cost. If insurance is involved, be prepared to deal with an “adjuster.” And, be sure you and the adjuster are on the same page; and, in writing.

TJ

With what you’ve said, it shouldn’t take much of an “inspection.” You don’t mention the age of the RV, so I don’t know whether this will be a warranty claim, whether insurance will be involved or whether you are on the hook for repairing the damage. I’d let them look at whatever they want to look at, but would ask that before repairs actually begin, you have a sit-down with them and discuss their proposed solution and the cost. If insurance is involved, be prepared to deal with an “adjuster.” And, be sure you and the adjuster are on the same page; and, in writing.

TJ
It’s 2years old, so, I’m guessing “someone” else will be on the hook for it. Also, I think at the same time, we’ll have a 3-way put in

Latest resources

Back