Woodchuck

RVF Newbee
RV Year
RV Make
Coachman
RV Model
Apex 211RBS
RV Length
I’m new to this forum. Just bought my 5th csmper last year first ever brand new. 2023 Coachman Apex 211RBS. It’s nice but seems to have some design flaws. I’ll get into that in another post.
The issue I’m currently chasing now is the regulated LP port it is supposed to have. The spec sheet showing mandatory equipment lists a “regulated LP port” but it isn’t present on the rig. The dealer is telling me that it’s because it has a “low volume” LP system and I couldn’t use my old grill with it.
Anyone ever heard of a low volume LP system?

I’m new to this forum. Just bought my 5th csmper last year first ever brand new. 2023 Coachman Apex 211RBS. It’s nice but seems to have some design flaws. I’ll get into that in another post.
The issue I’m currently chasing now is the regulated LP port it is supposed to have. The spec sheet showing mandatory equipment lists a “regulated LP port” but it isn’t present on the rig. The dealer is telling me that it’s because it has a “low volume” LP system and I couldn’t use my old grill with it.
Anyone ever heard of a low volume LP system?
I have no idea where it is,but as you say it is included in the mandatory package, per website!

If built as required by specs the volume of LP system should not be an issue.

Regulator, as well as pipe and hoses determine LP capacity. If they sold lesser trailers ( no minimum package) it should have been stated in your contact!!!

Check your contact,and hold them accountable in court if nessisary.

I have no idea where your propane connection might be located, but if you locate it you will likely have to modify your grill or obtain a different one to use the rv mounted propane. The propane system in an rv includes a regulator similar to the regulator on most propane grills and other portable appliances. Thus, if you connect your grill to the rv propane connection the flow will be twice regulated, too low to operate properly. There are several Google and Youtube videos and articles explaining your options, here's one https://www.etrailer.com/faq-hooking-up-gas-grill-rv-propane-tank.aspx#regulator. You can either remove the regulator from your grill, bypass it, or obtain a grill that does not have a regulator.

I’ve already modified my grill and used it with my Gulfstream from 2012 until I got the Coachman last summer. I can put a “Y” connector on one of the tanks and attach a quick connect to that but that’s another chore when setting up. The regulated port is much easier.

Latest resources

Back