Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Maverick

RVF Newbee
I have a panel van with no windows with a 15,000 but AC on the roof, a single Maxx Fan on the mid rear of the van with two 12x12 custom hatches on the roof one in the front right corner and one in the rear left corner as partial vents or have it fully open. My question is what is the proper air flow when i have the AC running, is it to have the fan also running with both 12x12 vents open or leave everything total shut with the maxx fan off and closed when the ac is running.

This is referred to in the summer months only when its hot at 90 degrees out.

Your ac draws the hot air from the roof then cools it. I have found that my ac's have always cooled best with all vents and windows closed.

Your ac draws the hot air from the roof then cools it. I have found that my ac's have always cooled best with all vents and windows closed.
Thank you. I was also concern about Oxygen levels C02 but i'm assuming the AC has a circulating system.
However, sometimes i just feel stuffy with slight headaches.

Your AC or heat pump recirculates the inside air to cool or heat the air. Adding outside air reduces the efficiency, but if you need some fresh air, just open a window a bit near where you are sitting. This will minimize the efficency loss and provide fresh air as needed.

Latest resources

Back