Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

625hibiscus

RVF Regular
I have a Class C and will be towing a Honda CR-V. The dealership recently installed a Blue Ox tow system. Does anyone have suggestions (pros/cons) of various accessories to protect the car from rocks or other road debris? Thank you.

I have a Class C and will be towing a Honda CR-V. The dealership recently installed a Blue Ox tow system. Does anyone have suggestions (pros/cons) of various accessories to protect the car from rocks or other road debris? Thank you.
not sure or correct term but it the consider it a mud flap but under rear of my coach I have a huge deflector to protect from stuff flying up

The big advertising boards you see under the coaches, are nothing but advertising boards for the manufacturers.
They pick up more debris from the road than anything. I removed mine right away, and don’t have any chips or dents on my CRV in 5 years of towing it. As Roland said, a good set of mud flaps is all you need. Just my experience.

i like the advertising board haha . I prob should remove mine just more drag and something else to clean lol

I’ve been using a Blue Ox KarGard for about 6 years. It works great.

I have a grass skirt at the back of my coach . So far it keeps the water and dirt off the back of the coach. We drove through some rain and I think a lot of of dirt off the toad.

I’ve been using a Blue Ox KarGard for about 6 years. It works great.
I read that the KarGard needs to be installed when the car is hooked to the RV. True? If so, I will have to wait to install it until I am ready to bug out in October as once the RV is hooked to all the utilities (particularly the PVC septic connection) it can be a pain to get it re-positioned correctly. Some comments on the KarGard said that it can take 1-2 hours to install it. Are there any special tools required for installation? Does it need to be removed and stored once the car is detached from the tow system? Is so, does it take up a lot of room to store it? Thanks for any advice, tips you can give.

I read that the KarGard needs to be installed when the car is hooked to the RV. True? If so, I will have to wait to install it until I am ready to bug out in October as once the RV is hooked to all the utilities (particularly the PVC septic connection) it can be a pain to get it re-positioned correctly. Some comments on the KarGard said that it can take 1-2 hours to install it. Are there any special tools required for installation? Does it need to be removed and stored once the car is detached from the tow system? Is so, does it take up a lot of room to store it? Thanks for any advice, tips you can give.
We have a KarGard and although it can be a bit tempermental regards re-positioning it's never taken more than 10 minutes and 2 or 3 cuss words. The issue is that the circumference of the pins used to hold the device in place is so close to the size of the holes in the posts and receivers that you need perfect alignment. I'm going to try to buy some slightly smaller pins. Yes it does need to be detached from the tow system before you un-hook but it folds in half and stores easily. I'm not sure about the reference to the RV being hooked up to all the utilities, the KarGuard attaches to the tow bar near the connection where the tow bar attached to your TOAD.

The big advertising boards you see under the coaches, are nothing but advertising boards for the manufacturers.
They pick up more debris from the road than anything. I removed mine right away, and don’t have any chips or dents on my CRV in 5 years of towing it. As Roland said, a good set of mud flaps is all you need. Just my experience.
interesting… thanks!

Latest resources

Back