Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Rhondajred

RVF Newbee
Question: Hi RV family. My name is Rhonda. I’m new to the forum. I have a 2015 Forest River Evo. I recently moved from an RV park to personal land. At the park I was hooked up to city water and it worked just fine. Being on private property I have filled up the fresh water tank (no city water connection) and turned the pump on. The pump runs, but no water comes out of the faucets. I called an RV repair place and when they checked the pump they told me it’s not strong enough, although it’s the original. Does anyone have any suggestions?

When is the last time you used the pump? Did it work different in the past?

Things to check would be the aerators on the end of the faucet, any filters in the RV that may need to be changed, the number of faucets in use at the same time.

Make sure the winterize valves are set correctly.

Another possibility is the pump has lost its prime (dried out), if it has not been used in a while. I had one do the same thing. I replaced it and saved the old one. Finally, I took the old one apart one day, saw nothing obviously wrong. I cleaned the diaphragms, and re-assembled it. Upon attaching a hose to the intake and output and placing the intake hose in a bowl of water, and connecting it to a 12 v power supply, it worked just fine.

Things to check would be the aerators on the end of the faucet, any filters in the RV that may need to be changed, the number of faucets in use at the same time.
Make sure the winterize valves are set correctly.

Another possibility is the pump has lost its prime (dried out), if it has not been used in a while. I had one do the same thing. I replaced it and saved the old one. Finally, I took the old one apart one day, saw nothing obviously wrong. I cleaned the diaphragms, and re-assembled it. Upon attaching a hose to the intake and output and placing the intake hose in a bowl of water, and connecting it to a 12 v power supply, it worked just fine.

Hi Neal. I was hooked up to city water at an RV park and it was fine. Once I moved it elsewhere, I didn’t use water at all for those 2 months-(I was staying in a house)then two weeks ago I filled it up, turned on the pump and it came on and sounded fine, but no water coming out of any faucets.

Is there a by-pass valve for the pump? Just a thought

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back