Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Purchase extended warranty on used Winnebago?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

3xPoppa

RVF Regular
We are purchasing from a private seller a 2019 Vista 31BE with 4812 miles. It still has 45 days of the original 1 year warranty. The Seller has offered to sell the Ext Warranty they bought with the rig. He wants $5900.00. It is a 60 month, 60k miles Wrap Around warranty thru Camping World. The inspector gave the unit a clean bill of health. And I am comfortable at the DIY stuff. I have purchased the Ext Warranties on our cars, mainly due to the electronics. We would appreciate your advice about buying an extended warranty on an RV?

It is really a personal choice. Some people come out winners on the deal. Some end up never using, but it made them feel good. Still others find that the company avoids paying for just about anything. Finally, a lot of folks go the self insure route. They put back the policy cost into a savings account and use that to pay for any needed repairs that come along.

If it were any other company I would say yes! CW ALL OUT BLOWS! Sorry don’t mean to be rude, purchased brand new rv from them and regretted every moment we spent in it!
Honestly if your interested in an extended warranty do some research there’s companies out there! I used Forever Warranty, yeah it costs me $199 a year for an inspection but I’ve used it four times and it doesn’t cost me a dime for repairs! Good Luck.

Honestly if your interested in an extended warranty do some research there’s companies out there!
This!!! The absolute last place I would want an extended warranty from is CW. Sorry.

If you feel you need an extended warranty, do your homework and buy a good one.

TJ

If you can work on it yourself (DIY) don't buy it. You get to know your rig alot better by working on it yourself.

Thank you all for your honest, and valuable feedback. Without a doubt, we will not be purchasing the extended warranty from the Seller. Have a good day everyone!

We sell service contracts at my company. We have a couple options with very solid companies. All companies want to give permission BEFORE the repair is done. Dealers make the call to discuss and get an approval. None of the companies like a surprise after something is done.
With motorhome there are options for "coach only" and those cost much less than coverage for the drivetrain. With that said, those tend to be the high priced repairs.
Let me know if we can help with anything.
Ken

We are purchasing from a private seller a 2019 Vista 31BE with 4812 miles. It still has 45 days of the original 1 year warranty. The Seller has offered to sell the Ext Warranty they bought with the rig. He wants $5900.00. It is a 60 month, 60k miles Wrap Around warranty thru Camping World. The inspector gave the unit a clean bill of health. And I am comfortable at the DIY stuff. I have purchased the Ext Warranties on our cars, mainly due to the electronics. We would appreciate your advice about buying an extended warranty on an RV?
My experience with Camping world was nightmarish. Extended warranty’s seem to cover items that don’t go bad. Research the extended warranty. Ours was with Good sam. It was useless

That sure sounds like a bunch of money to pay. If the current owner cancels the coverage, he should get a prorated refund. If the seller has a loan is in place, the refund will go to the lender against the principle. If he cancels after the loan is gone or it's paid off, the refund goes to the owner. You as a second owner can't cancel the coverage because you did not buy it.
Sometimes these coverages from the very large dealers are limited to the place that sold it. Basically like being self insured. I am not sure what coverage this is.
My company handles a couple very solid service contracts from national companies. The coverage would be good at any RV dealer. The key part is that very solid coverage is available for considerably less money.
Let me know how we can help.
Thank you,
Ken

Latest resources

Back