Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Rolandj

RVF Regular
So i am new to owning an rv and just purchased a 1997 holiday rambler w a 7.5L in it . One thing I noticed is there is an exhaust leak and I've heard its probably the manifold as well as the air pump on it. Im wondering if i could do new headers and the just put a new buffer and turn it out . Anyone recommend an easy fix? Im mechanically inclined an can do the work just not sure exactly where it is leaking . Also ned the plastic grill believe its the vest for the hot water heater outside.I found a replacement metal vent for the stove just looking for some cosmetic things , Appreciate any help. Thanks

I agree likely your exhaust manifolds. If they have been leaking for any period of time they will need to be resurfaced, short of doing that you will continue to have problems. Putting good quality headers on probably isn’t any cheaper.

I've found a few websites on the 'net that have Holiday Rambler parts available for some of the older RV's. Google is your friend here.

If your exhaust manifolds are leaking, that can be a pain. You could remove them and look for cracks. If OK put them back on after a good cleaning of the mating surfaces on the block and manifolds. New gaskets of course. I'd buy new hardware and use anti-sieze on the bolts if it were me. (just in case you ever have to take it back apart)

Good luck!!

I've found a few websites on the 'net that have Holiday Rambler parts available for some of the older RV's. Google is your friend here.

If your exhaust manifolds are leaking, that can be a pain. You could remove them and look for cracks. If OK put them back on after a good cleaning of the mating surfaces on the block and manifolds. New gaskets of course. I'd buy new hardware and use anti-sieze on the bolts if it were me. (just in case you ever have to take it back apart)

Good luck!!
thanks . care to share any of those sites? I actually found the replacement covers on amazon

thanks . care to share any of those sites? I actually found the replacement covers on amazon
RV Replacement Parts & Accessories Online this is Veurink's RV Center in Wisconsin (I believe.) They had the low air sensor I needed for my 2006 HR Ambassador and shipped it to me in about 2 days!

RV Replacement Parts & Accessories Online this is Veurink's RV Center in Wisconsin (I believe.) They had the low air sensor I needed for my 2006 HR Ambassador and shipped it to me in about 2 days!
Thanks

Latest resources

Back