Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

R&RBuchanan

RVF Regular
Has anyone had a problem with slide outs tearing linoleum? Also does anyone have recommendations on treating the slide out tracks? Not sure what kind are on a Georgetown G5 series.

Mine ripped my linoleum on the driver's side. I now use carpet squares and bring the slide in over top of them. Little inconvenient, but no more damage.

This means the slides are not adjusted properly. But aligning them takes someone that knows what they are doing.

The above two suggestions are great. I would do both, but as far as ripping is concerned, was it pulled or torn? If torn you may have some damage on the plastic slider pad ( I guess you call it that) under the slide out. It may need to be dress up.

I’m guessing here.

Has anyone had a problem with slide outs tearing linoleum? Also does anyone have recommendations on treating the slide out tracks? Not sure what kind are on a Georgetown G5 series.
Problem I have had is the plastic chain when crossing, had to make a GUIDE for it.

Second problem is sagging on top center, leaking water when moving open to close, because seal not touching top. But that was a relative easy repair.

Latest resources

Back