RV Make
Fleetwood
RV Model
Pace Arrow
RV Length
37ft
Chassis
Ford
My 99 Pace Arrow is having toilet issues. After x amount of flushes the toilet backs up and I have to get the plunger. That's question #1. #2, my Power Gear hydraulic jacks stopped working. I hit the switch to lower the jacks and only get a click. How hard are these problems for me to repair myself???

Toilet issue sounds like the dreaded poo pyramid and is usually caused by not enough water to move things along to the main body of the tank. More water. Since the unit is older, I would invest in a flush wand and spray out the tank. You will be amazed what comes out. google rv flush wand and plenty of youtube videos to guide you.

As for the levellers, the click sounds like the unit trying to respond but not having enough voltage. Check you chasis batteries, may be able to also make it run by running the engine to boost the batteries. Could also be hydraulic levels. Look for your model number of the system and google the manual for it. Power Gear I believe is part of Lippert now and has customer support that may be able to help you remotely troubleshoot. Good luck!

Thank You for your response and ESPECIALLY the toilet issue because having to plunge the toilet at 0Dark30 ain't no fun when you're under prescription sleep meds from the VA

Your welcome, glad we can help. There are a lot of chemical treatments that can help keep it clean and working properly, but nothing works as well as a good power wash with a wand. Good luck!

My 99 Pace Arrow is having toilet issues. After x amount of flushes the toilet backs up and I have to get the plunger.
I recently helped someone who had a similar problem. We ran a garden hose inside and aimed it at the pyramid from the top, letting the tank fill. Using the hose from the top down provides a much greater water volume/pressure vs the amount of water from the toilet flush. Open the waste gate at the right time to empty. Repeat the process until the pyramid has dissolved. All this of course pre-supposes you're hooked up to sewer. Be carefull to avoid back splash too!

Another proven method is to put as much hot water as you can into the black tank through the toilet to dissolve the solids. Rinse and repeat. No expensive chemicals required.

Latest resources

Back