Chassis
Prevost
Engine
Volvo D13
TOW/TOAD
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
I have tried the every brand of quick connect hose fittings from Lowe’s, Home Depot, harbor freight and I have yet to find any that last a year before they start leaking or just fall apart. Does anyone have any insight on quality quick connects that last?

I have had good luck with the brass ones from HD and Lowes, but also was considering some banjo style cam and lock style fittings like many use for waste line connections (but smaller obviously). I think they make them for 1/2 - 3/4 inch hose, but probably not with standard garden hose connections.

I bought both recommended by @J&JD and @jbh and both are excellent products. Thank you for those recommendations.

Sheridan,

Have you seen my latest video discussing these? I’ve been testing/using them for about a year, with a lot better success. They are SS and use a different method of sealing. Rather than relying on pressure to seat the washer against the END of the male fitting, these use a more traditional O-ring to seal circumferentially.

Here they are:

Here’s the full video on the 3-stage filter set:

Hi Steve, I had not seen your video but I’ll watch it today. I pride myself on being a bit of a quick connect hoarder so I’ll be getting some of the ones you like for my growing arsenal.

I have used these for 7 years and have had no failures. They are not cheap but they do work and do NOT restrict the flowing of water.

WHOA...I didn't realize Banjo made them in 3/4"! Coolest thing are the CAPS to seal off hose ends like the one in the Wet Bay.

Perfect...now we can do even ANOTHER change-out in the future! :ROFLMAO:

I change out the O-rings on the male ends when they start leaking. I find some quick connects use O-rings that are either too small or brittle.

Latest resources

Back