Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Cheap fans make a lot of noise, there are fans that are designed to be quieter when operating, take for example Apple laptops as their fan technology makes them effectively silent. Using cheap computer fans as blowers makes for loud furnace noise which is not necessary. Look at other designs for your furnace blower fans that can significantly reduce the noise when using furnace for heat.

planning to change mine out at least in the bedroom. would seem a no brainer that a luxury coach designer would think about the noise. As a retired sound engineer that is all I think about....

So any ideas for the heat exchanger fans in the Oasis system? I guess I could open one up and get any info off the fan and do some research. Maybe start with Oasis and ask them? This is one reason I’d rather be cold at night than use the Oasis system - Im a very light sleeper (note I’m typing this at 2am) and it doesn't take much to wake me up.

Our previous RVs had the standard LP heaters that were a little louder that a wind tunnel. Our current RV didn’t have LP or a heater. I bought one of those cheap Chinese parking heaters and installed it where the LP heater would have been. It is very quiet compared to the previous heaters. So it is possible to make a quiet heater without a high price. I think the makers of those LP heater have no competition so they don’t need to worry how loud it is.

I'm in the market for a quieter fan in the Oasis system.
Shouldn't have to continually adjust the sound on the TV.

Most of the time my portable oil heater handles the cold. No noise and really efficient. The oil in the heat exchanger stays warm for a good period of time when the heating element is off,

Attachments

• 6548C150-CA05-4FC3-8CC2-F4C4520FCEEC.jpeg
    6548C150-CA05-4FC3-8CC2-F4C4520FCEEC.jpeg
    216.5 KB · Views: 4

Latest resources

Back