Chassis
Prevost
Engine
Volvo D13
TOW/TOAD
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
I am on a mission to identify the rattles and fix them so the coach is quiet going down the road. I have been focused on the window shades. I have noticed that some windows have an adjustable plastic reel that can be turned to lower or raise them. But some windows do not have them like driver side window and it appears you can’t.

I tried pulling them all down and slowly let them retract but there’s a lot free play on both the shade and screen so they move a lot and can be noisy.

I tried to shoot a picture up into the valance.
1589344697424.jpeg

1589344750897.jpeg

Following, something I need to look at. I have the squeak that I believe is coming from the FWS, probably Ned to adjust the “centering pucks“. I have this on my warranty list for factory visit in Sep.

I am on a mission to identify the rattles and fix them so the coach is quiet going down the road. I have been focused on the window shades. I have noticed that some windows have an adjustable plastic reel that can be turned to lower or raise them. But some windows do not have them like driver side window and it appears you can’t.

I tried pulling them all down and slowly let them retract but there’s a lot free play on both the shade and screen so they move a lot and can be noisy.

I took a video of mine while driving to show the driver's side shade and how it sounded like a machine gun going off. They put an additional support bracket in the middle I believe to keep it from flexing and rattling out of control.

Other noises such as slides can be weather (temperature) dependent. I've had more noise in freezing cold temps than warmer weather with the FWS.

when you get on a road that is not smooth and paved, it is awful. Almost to the point, the DW said where is the nearest airport please...I am at NIRVC Vegas May 25th...I will ask them if they have a solution. And it is not a Newmar high line coach either.

Latest resources

Back