Cross trek 27XG
RV Length
Chassis
Ford
Engine
v10 triton 6.8
Fulltimer
No
I am sure this isn't a new topic. Ford chassis under warranty no Ford service will touch it. Well..... I finally found one commercial dealer about 2 hours away that made me an appt 2 months ago. So I though I would be first in line on Monday to get it repaired. Nope,,,the service person told me my rv is the last one they will ever schedule due to liability, congestion on the lot and impact to commercial customers. I reminded him how long ago I made the appt, all he said is we will get to it but didn't say when. I even called Ford in Detroit a while back and I talked to someone I assume was working from home who told me to try this place and that place which I had already tried. I guess Ford does not care about the customer unless he has big bucks and buys a fleet off them. What do others do in these circumstances?

I am sure this isn't a new topic. Ford chassis under warranty no Ford service will touch it. Well..... I finally found one commercial dealer about 2 hours away that made me an appt 2 months ago. So I though I would be first in line on Monday to get it repaired. Nope,,,the service person told me my rv is the last one they will ever schedule due to liability, congestion on the lot and impact to commercial customers. I reminded him how long ago I made the appt, all he said is we will get to it but didn't say when. I even called Ford in Detroit a while back and I talked to someone I assume was working from home who told me to try this place and that place which I had already tried. I guess Ford does not care about the customer unless he has big bucks and buys a fleet off them. What do others do in these circumstances?
I've never heard of such horrible attitudes.

Keep trying - eventually you’ll find a mechanic that just wants to work and provide a good service. Unfortunately with warranty work, Ive found Ford dealerships just try to wear you down with delays and blaming back orders to make you give up and go away.

It seems to be the basis for cost cutting on warranty work. Their unspoken customer service platform - try very hard not to provide any. But there are still a few honest people out there. You’ll just have to keep increasing your travel radius until you find one. I can certainly say that the Ford dealer in Auburn Ca is not one of them.

What work do you need to have done? Any chance the RV dealer can do it?

I had bad batteries and battery cables. They said they had to replace the whole harness and it was back ordered, and wouldnt replace my batteries until they had the harness. Seven months later the batteries finally failed, they said the harness was still back ordered, so I repaired the harness and bought batteries. The Ford warranty meant nothing. And this was not the first episode with them.

I hear you. I've been trying to find a shop to do repairs for insurance after my trailer was sideswiped by a drunk driver just before I took possession of it.

Had a mobile place come out to do an assessment and they put together this big plan to replace a bunch of stuff just in case since insurance was paying anyway. Then they were "waiting for quotes from the manufacturer" for weeks. Then they stopped responding to my phone calls and emails. Then when my insurance company contacted them they "hadn't seen my RV and done an assessment on it so couldn't provide a quote". I decided that they didn't want my business and could go fly a kite.

I contacted the two dealerships in this area that sell this model. One didn't even want to look at it until after summer and the other wouldn't look at it unless my insurance company sent out an adjuster to tell them what they were looking for.

Found an independent shop slightly outside of town but they've been great so far, though they also do winter work so I won't have a fully repaired trailer until early next year. Going to get them to repack my bearings and replace my breakaway cable while they're at it. Fingers crossed that the service remains good as it seems like most companies don't want business these days. :unsure:

Since this sounds like warranty work, he needs a dealership, so finding one in a small town where reputation still matters will probably be necessary. Might have to drive a greater distance, and leave it for a while, but thats probably what its going to take.

I had a similar situation last summer, we got pinched between two semis as we were coming up the ramp onto I-40 in Clines Corners NW and had to run over a tire tread, it bounced up, hit the exhaust and wrapped the exhaust around the drive shaft. We had one month of the standard 4 year Ford Chassis roadside assistance left, but after 6 hours on the side of I-40 we were towed to a commercial Ford dealer in Albuquerque late on Saturday night. We camped in their parking lot all weekend, I was first in line on Monday morning, the service adviser said it would be at least 4 days before they could even look at it to see what it needed! I took the drive shaft to Inland Truck parts myself, two hours later they had built me a brand new one for less than $400 bucks, I crawled under it and installed the darn driveshaft myself, 1 hour later we were back on the road. Even if I had waited they would have wanted to order a new drive shaft from Ford I am sure for probably 3X the price plus several hours of labor. This was one case where I was happy they blew me off. And oh yeah, Ford paid the $1,800 tow charge, not me! It does seem we are pretty much in the cold for Ford Chassis work, no one wants to work on a Motorhome these days.

Ya this is warranty work. If it was out of warranty I know several shops near me who will work on them from bumper to bumper. But I dont want to pay for something covered under warranty (minor engine work). What really is aggravating is making an appt 2 months ago and not getting work performed on day of scheduled repair.

Ya this is warranty work. If it was out of warranty I know several shops near me who will work on them from bumper to bumper. But I dont want to pay for something covered under warranty (minor engine work). What really is aggravating is making an appt 2 months ago and not getting work performed on day of scheduled repair.
Typical Ford warranty work avoidance. They are probably trained in it.

Didn't mean to imply in my post that OP should be looking at Independent shops. Just sharing my rant that no company seems to want my business these days. Having the same problem trying to find someone to do some work on our house and trying to get a warranty fix on my truck cannopy.

Now you see why there are so many on U -tube showing DIY projects.

Latest resources

Back