Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I'm not sure what it is this year but I'm ready to get out of the sea of brown and dust. I feel like I'm ready to long haul when I leave Casa Grande April 1st to find green again, trees, vegetation, water! As time is not on my side, I may have to do more time in northern AZ or NV before I can get into places that have white stuff still lingering.

Yah I feel for you. Waves of amber sky, while the wind howls through the screen is a little much for someone really wanting a snow drift. :giggle: :giggle:

I know that everyone constantly complains about California but there is so much to love about the state. The weather is perfect, you have mountains , ocean , magnificent rivers, redwood forests etc... Come visit @Neal !!

There’s always Western Washington; lotsa green here. Then, Polson opens April 15! There are usually openings in the early season too. Just sayin’. ;)

TJ

My last stint in Tucson I ended up in the hospital with Valley Fever. That has me a bit concerned about my trip out there this summer. No immunity, for VF.

I like Flagstaff, although I have been there in 30 years.

You can always stand on a corner in Winslow AZ.......

What about staying in a wigwam a night or two? They have a honeymoon suite.

Vegas?

Neal, I understand, as we are much the same. We do however enjoy some of the desert areas for a short time. We have been vaccinated, and are heading out for the first time in in over three months! We never let our coach sit like this normally. We will be traveling to Tucson to meet our vet, and friend who has just retired, but then we are heading to NM. We now stay much longer in places like Santa Fe, and Sedona that we love, but they are so interesting, and not just brown. I think one of the things that we have learned, is to relax, and really get to know the places you have especilly enjoyed in travels. I hope Canada opens up soon, as we have had some wonderful trips there. Now we have the time to really enjoy some of the most spectacular scenery in the world. Judy D

This is a really long trip you're on @Neal, seems I've been watching you travel for a few months now. Last trip I took was a month long, and that was enough to convenience me that I'm not "full timer" material.

This is a really long trip you're on @Neal, seems I've been watching you travel for a few months now. Last trip I took was a month long, and that was enough to convenience me that I'm not "full timer" material.
Yes, this is a long one like last year. Both of which have purpose, last year was more fun, this one has other reasons for me being out west. It takes time to transition from S&B to MH but after a period of time it gets very comfortable and enjoyable. I think it can be a little more draining, this time around for sure due to my commitments but I've learned from some of the fulltimers the longer stays are necessary to avoid burnout. Moving CG's often and traveling wears you down.

After this trip it will go back to my typical "long" trips which are 2-3 months max unless I'm making a trip out west again for either Glacier, Canada, or Alaska. Those are at least two years out from now at the earliest. I really enjoy east coast RVing I've come to learn. Great blend of mountains and beaches. I'm sure the north west will offer great scenery too, I'm done with the south and west for a while.

Latest resources

Back