RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2021 Willys
Has anyone replaced just the fan motor on a Penguin 15k unit? When I switch the rear air on I can hear the compressor running, but no fan. Going out on the roof this morning to check it out as it might just be a capacitor, but I think I'm looking at a fan motor. I really don't want to have to replace the entire unit as I've heard they are in short supply.

Jim,
If the blower is spinning freely, without making noise or binding, most likely it is not the motor.
It happened to me in LasVegas with 115F in the shade :eek:.
I bought a new motor (still have it) thinking it is the motor. Than found it was the capacitor. The one in the left was the bad one.

Attachments

• IMG_3760.JPG
    IMG_3760.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 16
The motor spins freely and I checked the cap. It's bad. Trying to find a 15/55 dual cap isn't easy. Where did you get yours and the motor?

I got my capacitor at:
But it is slightly taller than the original. I made it fir, since I have SoftStart on the AC and did not need the smaller capacitor under the new one.
The motor I ordered thru Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0765FC26M/?tag=rvf01-20
IMG_3759.JPG

Thanks so much! Not going anywhere for a couple months, so this should work out. Now I've got to call ITR for a summer pump on the Oasis. Isn't RVing fun??

Has anyone replaced just the fan motor on a Penguin 15k unit? When I switch the rear air on I can hear the compressor running, but no fan. Going out on the roof this morning to check it out as it might just be a capacitor, but I think I'm looking at a fan motor. I really don't want to have to replace the entire unit as I've heard they are in short supply.
There are UTube videos on how to test capacitors. I would suspect that is the problem. You could always remove one from the other A/C to test it in the failed A/C as well. We had the capacitor fail last summer in both of our 15K units within 2 or 3 weeks of each other. Dometic capacitors were back ordered everywhere I checked and ended up buying the same ones as Buly. Took a little adjustment to get them in since they are larger, but can be done. Both have been working fine for 6-8 months new

I got my capacitor at:
But it is slightly taller than the original. I made it fir, since I have SoftStart on the AC and did not need the smaller capacitor under the new one.
The motor I ordered thru Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0765FC26M/?tag=rvf01-20View attachment 4796

Wow...I hate to say what I paid for a shorter one. I should‘ve measured... So, this one fits okay, where ther original was mounted?? I too have removed the other when I installed the MicroAir EasyStart. I have one spare 55+15 ...but for that price, I may stock up.

Got the cap in and it's working fine. Also bought the motor listed, but I don't think it's the same in my unit which is a Penguin ll 15k. I've looked to try to cross the numbers over, but to no avail so far. Can you confirm this motor actually is the correct one? Looks like it's for a Brisk air model.

Last edited:
IMG_0569.JPG

Here is a photo from my original motor label. The new one I bought from Amazon had the same part number

That's the same as the label on my unit, but the one from Amazon (which I haven't opened yet) has this part number.

20210111_093702.jpg

Latest resources

Back