Adventurer
RV Length
Chassis
Chevy P30
Engine
454 Vortac
Fulltimer
Yes
It all started about a week ago when my side lamp burnt out a lamp, since we’re short on lamp bulbs we used the other side lamp with no issues till today. Based on what I know these are 12 V lamps that work on DC or AC through the converter when connected to shore power. What happened is I swapped a bulb from one night stand side lamp, mason jar lamp? To the other side after I did that the strangest thing occurred I pressed the switch not sure on or off on the left lamp and the right one came on! I figure some wires got crossed somewhere. After that the night stand lamps, overhead, floorboard, closet shower lights no longer work. My first thought was to check the 12 V fuses, the 15amp ones that say lamps all checked out with a tester light. I tried to reset the 12 V breaker, no change, one thing I noticed is when I reset that breaker the 12 V lamps that do wok stay on, so is It that there are only fuses but no breaker for these lamps? Or is there another fuse block/breaker for the rear 12 V if there is I don’t know where it might be? I also rest the main shore breaker I’m not a electrician but I do have a Volt meter and I would think testing with 12 V would be enough. I wonder if there might be a problem with the ground? Although if that were the case the other lamps would be out too. I would appreciate any suggestions or tips, thanks.

Last edited:
Update I checked for 12 V current on the left lamp and there is none.

Latest resources

Back