RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40"
TOW/TOAD
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Fulltimer
No
My 2021 Newmar doesn’t have a rear ladder. Wondering if that is something I should or could consider adding after the fact. Has anyone else added a ladder to their Newmar? How are your accessing your roof? I worry about leaning a ladder against the side to get on the roof.

ideas and comments appreciated.

I don't think there is enough structural support under the bodywork to safely support a ladder. Most folks carry a telescoping ladder with padded rails at the top to prevent paint damage. Me, I carry something a little smaller; a credit card. :rolleyes: At my age, I have no business on the roof of a coach.:ROFLMAO:

TJ

I recently read the techs at Newmar put the ladder on a. Slide without the topper and step on to the slide, then up to the roof. Makes a lot of sense and this person said the tech said the slide out can take the weight, no problem. This would simplify accessing the roof in my mind. Haven’t tried it yet though. I’m with @TJ&LadyDi, I’ll let my credit card handle work on the roof.

When we got our first Newmar in 2017 I inquired about having a ladder installed and was told by Newmar that it couldn’t be done on our DS as there is no structure under the cap like @TJ&LadyDi stated. Now I don’t want to be on the roof and look or pay someone else.

My 2021 Newmar doesn’t have a rear ladder. Wondering if that is something I should or could consider adding after the fact. Has anyone else added a ladder to their Newmar? How are your accessing your roof? I worry about leaning a ladder against the side to get on the roof.

ideas and comments appreciated.
We bought a Telescoping ladder from Camping World. Strong and takes up very little space in storage. Use cut pieces of swim noodles on each end before placing it against the coach. Works great!

Two schools of thought, we did not have ladder on other MH, so I carried a little giant ladder for those cases I needed roof access. It also came in Handy to wash windshield after especially buggy day. And it's hard for thief to gain access to roof, they break vent to drop kid in, so they can open door from inside to rob you. We have ladder on this coach, and yes makes it easier for roof access, but again, we needed something to get high enough so I can still clean windshield. I bought a little giant step stool. see attached link: It stows under bed just fine, light enough to carry through house and gets me high enough for windshield and side windows. Excellent quality, think it's made in China, have told them to move production back home and put people to work, not sure it's ever going to happen.

Amazon.com: Little Giant Ladders, Jumbo Step, 3-Step, 2 Foot, Step Stool, Aluminum, Type 1AA, 375 lbs Weight Rating, (11903): Home Improvement

Latest resources

Back