Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

CJK

RVF Newbee
Hello my name is Chris, me and my wife Diane are getting ready to join the RV community soon. We are currently waiting on our fifth wheel to arrive so we can drive to Ohio to pick up our camper. We were wondering how bad Covid-19 is affecting travel and what restrictions were being put in place when it comes to traveling from state to state?

Hello my name is Chris, me and my wife Diane are getting ready to join the RV community soon. We are currently waiting on our fifth wheel to arrive so we can drive to Ohio to pick up our camper. We were wondering how bad Covid-19 is affecting travel and what restrictions were being put in place when it comes to traveling from state to state?
From(state) to (state) may make a difference. From Arizona to New Mexico (problem). Arizona to Kansas (problem). At least to visit. to visit family in Kansas from Arizona has 14 day quarantine as do others. It would be in your favor to check before you go. Some places have large penalties for every day you visit without the quarantine.

Welcome to RVF, @CJK; glad to have you here with us.

As far as I know, quarantines don't require you to stay for a specific period of time (usually 14 days) in any state, they just keep you from going out to public places during that time. It may be different in some of the "hot spot" states right now, I don't know. Not knowing what state you will be starting from makes it difficult to give you any more specific information.

If you will be needing overnight accommodations along the way, I would certainly make reservations in advance. And, be sure to take some masks along with you, regardless of whether you like them or not as some states, communities and businesses are requiring that they be worn in public places. Without them, you may find yourself being denied entry. If you have a medical condition that prevents you from wearing a mask, get a letter from your doctor saying so. We can leave the political part of that out of the equation; it is what it is and if masks are a condition of entry then you will need to have them or proof that you are exempt from wearing them. Best to be prepared for any eventuality.

Good luck with your new RV and when you get it on the road, we'd love to see photos.

TJ

Welcome @CJK - you've landed on the answer to covid - RVing! We are very lucky to not share hotel rooms, rental cars, and can enjoy our lives safely and see all the great things there are to see. Welcome to RVForums and the RV Lifestyle which is amazing!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back