Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Pappy

RVF Newbee
I worked on a Norcold N611 today. The system would not cool unless the AC or Furnace was cycled on.

The system had 12vdc 120vac and gas.

It seems that if the ac and heater was off the the refrigerator would only try to ignite the burner then shut the gas valve until it locked itself out.

Anyone experience this before?

The customer complaint that the refrigerator was not cooling.
Everything seems be powered up correctly but the pilot light and the electric heater on the refrigerator will work.
If the thermostat for the heater or the air conditioner is cycled on the refrigerator control board works properly.
All voltage and gas supplies are present at the refrigerator control board.
The thermostat seems to be the key operator but there's no way I see that it was connected electrically to the refrigerator.
As soon as thermostat cycles off the system malfunctions.

I seem to believe that there may be a power shedding system in the RV but cannot find such a device.
All fuses and breakers are in good working condition along with the inverter has full voltage and proper 120 volts to the camper running on either extension cord or the generator.
The power polarities seem to be correct on both the 12 volts and 120 volt system.

Strange. You ever figure out what is going on? Does the furnace and fridge have a common ground point?

I spent three hours on it checking voltages . It they had a common ground I wouldn't know.

I referred them to the service dealer.

I'd definitely be interested in finding the reason but unless someone else has had a similar issue I'll never know.

Dang. I was hoping to get the diagnosis.......... Maybe someone would have an answer.

Latest resources

Back