RV Year
RV Make
Itasca
RV Model
Meridian 36G
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2020 Jeep Gladiator
My not old refrigerator has a low AC warning when I try to use it on electric. I have a surge protector on it and it does not show any faults. I have tried it on 2 different power sources and get the same result. It works fine on propane.

Sounds like either a poor connection on the 120 volt side or possibly a too small of a supply wire. Put the fridge on electric and start at the breaker panel with a digital voltage meter and check the voltage from one side and the other side of all connections at the same time. Any voltage showing on the meter will show the poor connection. When did this problem start?

Sounds like either a poor connection on the 120 volt side or possibly a too small of a supply wire. Put the fridge on electric and start at the breaker panel with a digital voltage meter and check the voltage from one side and the other side of all connections at the same time. Any voltage showing on the meter will show the poor connection. When did this problem start?
Using 50 amp cord with #6 wire. No issues with any other electrical equipment on the rv.

Using 50 amp cord with #6 wire. No issues with any other electrical equipment on the rv.
Like I said, you need to look at the wiring in the RV. Start at the breaker panel in the RV and trace from there. There is a slim possibility that a staple pierced the wire gong to the fridge and it is finally showing up. The problem is in your RV.

Latest resources

Back