Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

GMC70

RVF Regular
Has anyone here removed the side mirrors on 31 precept. I am wondering if the four screws that one would remove go into captured nuts or are the mirrors just screwed into some wood blocks [hope not]. I would guess that there is a pig tail with connecter that you would unplug to fully remove mirrors. Reason is I would like to remove mirrors and paint to match coach as the mat black is a bear to get bugs off of and painter with base coat clear coat would look better and easier to clean.

If you are talking about the base of the entire mirror assembly I would expect the screws to go into something threaded in metal, or at least captured nuts as you mentioned. You’ll brobably have to remove the inner panel to get at the harness anyway and that should tell you.

I cannot get to the back side of the passanger side. Dash and Air are in way. I guess I will just take bolts out and hope for best. On our Damon the mirrors were just screwed into wood and I had to drill all way thru coach and make backing plates that went on inside wall and on Holiday rambler they used captured nuts. Always an adventure with these things.

yes it is. On my 2010 Bay Star the head light mounts were fabricated out of plywood scraps.

Latest resources

Back