DSDP 4326
RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
ISL 450
TOW/TOAD
2023 Winnebago ERA 70A or 2012 Ford Taurus
One end of my MCD shades on the end of my FWS has come loose and I need to reattach it. Newgle says I need to remove the valence, and it is attached to the wall with 90 deg brackets, most of which are on the valence legs and a few in the header.

The problem I foresee is accessing the screws in the header. I cannot see those brackets, and feeling for them reveals nothing but shade rollers and wires. It’s tight up in there.

Who has done this, and what is the trick?

Furthermore, how are the shades attached to whatever it is they are attached to?

1B4BB36B-89C0-463A-BF15-08C415C75081.jpeg

I've had mine off in various places. One at fire escape window is velcro'd on for quick removal. Others typically have screws that are not that hard to access. Raise the shade and look left/right and you should see the screws. I don't think there are any on the header, only sides. Then you'll see the brackets for the MCD shades. Not hard...go for it.

Our last two units we have taken the valence off of most of the windows. It is a task getting to some of the screws, but it opens the units up so much. Not so closed in.

I believe the sides of valance is separate from the top and only held on via the 4 brackets, easy enough to remove. Shades are held in place with clips on either end, see photo of the clip.5A7F98A0-6F7F-4B6F-AD40-A11853F3F87E.jpeg

Latest resources

Back