Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

GreggH

RVF Newbee
We are renting an RV in Oakland in October and need to rent some basic kitchen supplies such as dishes, utensils, coffeemaker, etc. Does anyone know of resources for these?

For RVing I suggest paper plates and plasticware. Lots of options for coffee such as Keurig, french press, drip brewer, whatever your preference.

Concur with Neal’s recommendation about paper products. However, you may want to check with caterers or party supply companies. It’s also possible that the rental unit will come with basic necessities or has necessities for rent.

Have you checked with the RV rental folks? It is my understanding that at least some provide basic cooking/eating stuff. If not, they should be able to direct you to somewhere that can provide what you need. And, as @Neal said, using disposable items can bridge the gap.

And, since it looks like this is your first post here, welcome to RVF. Glad to have you here with us.

TJ

Concur with Neal’s recommendation about paper products. However, you may want to check with caterers or party supply companies. It’s also possible that the rental unit will come with basic necessities or has necessities for rent.
Great minds think alike...right? :ROFLMAO: You beat me to it, @USMCRet, on checking with the RV rental outfit.

TJ

Great minds think alike...right? :ROFLMAO: You beat me to it, @USMCRet, on checking with the RV rental outfit.

TJ

I suppose so! :LOL:

The question piqued my interest and I went to Cruise America’s website to see what they say about it.

• The Personal Kit costs $60 per person, for the duration of the trip. It includes a sleeping bag or comforter, pillow, pillowcase, flat sheet, bath towel, washcloth and dishtowel. All items must be returned at end of trip.
  • The Vehicle Provisioning Kit costs $110 per vehicle, also for the duration of the trip. It includes a flashlight, can opener, broom, spatula, cooking spoon, cooking fork, coffee cups, tumblers, plates, soup bowls, silverware, tea kettle, colander, mixing bowl, and a cookware set. All items must be returned clean at end of trip.

In light of current events I would not want to share anything such as kitchenware that someone else used. I'm not even sure I'd want to share bedding.

In light of current events I would not want to share anything such as kitchenware that someone else used. I'm not even sure I'd want to share bedding.
Which makes me glad we OWN our motorhome and everything in it is OURS.

TJ

Which makes me glad we OWN our motorhome and everything in it is OURS.

TJ
One of the main reasons we love rving....that and traveling with pets.

Ross or Homegoods might be cheaper. Also IKEA is a great one stop shop for for cheap yet still relatively decent quality houseware.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back