Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Marmar

RVF Newbee
I am thinking of renting an RV for the end of April to drive to the Grand Canyon. Are there going to be issues with covid and crossing state lines?

Welcome to RVF @Marmar; glad to have you here with us. Crossing state lines should not be a problem if things continue as they are. Up to now, there have not been interruptions to interstate travel. Some states have established quarantine stay requirements if you remain in the state; usually 14 days. To my knowledge, no states have actually closed their borders, however.

Whether that will continue or not is beyond the scope of my foggy crystal ball at the moment. If I had to guess, borders will probably remain open for travel. There may be restrictions at the destination end, however. Federal, state and other parks may have restricted access. RV parks may also have restrictions. Likely, however, I think there will be destination points accepting visitors though they may require things like wearing masks, practicing social distancing, and avoiding indoor gatherings.

TJ

We just drove from Oregon to ohio and didn't have any issues. Just reminders to wear a mask and social distance.

You shouldn't have any problem traveling, BUT, some places to see in your vicinity can have restrictions or possibly be closed. Campgrounds don't seem to be a problem as far as finding sites (so far), but you can and probably should call them for availability. If you are wondering about how a state is doing this map is what I look at: America’s COVID warning system.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I am thinking of renting an RV for the end of April to drive to the Grand Canyon. Are there going to be issues with covid and crossing state lines?
Watch the numbers drop. They have been from the moment to a few days before the inauguration. I think all things will be open by your vacation plan.

I think there will be no issues in crossing..I advise you to first watch the number of cases there and plan accordingly..also follow safety measures like wearing a mask and practicing social distance..

Latest resources

Back