Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Replace dinette booth cushions with leatherette fabric? and high density foam?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

loriwhitmore

RVF Regular
RV Year
RV Make
Georgie Boy
RV Model
Cruisemaster
RV Length
38'
TOW/TOAD
tow car on 18' trailer
We are revamping our dinette booth with new fabric. Rather than simply replacing the fabric covers, I am considering replacing the entire cushions. (Class A is 15 years old.) Is leatherette (a leather fabric) a better choice than upholstery fabric? What about the foam cushions? We can choose from medium foam, high density foam, or memory foam on top of high density foam.

Used to be a foam supply place north of KC MO that had many different densities of foam as well as many different porosity in the foam. I spent several hours trying samples in the office before I came up with the perfect foam. I would be looking at using latex as an over the foam solution.

I favor material but others make the move to faux leather or the real thing. there are many leathers that could not be beat for texture if the pocket is deep enough, I like goat skin myself.

Used to be a foam supply place north of KC MO that had many different densities of foam as well as many different porosity in the foam. I spent several hours trying samples in the office before I came up with the perfect foam. I would be looking at using latex as an over the foam solution.

I favor material but others make the move to faux leather or the real thing. there are many leathers that could not be beat for texture if the pocket is deep enough, I like goat skin myself.
What was the "perfect foam" that you chose?

What was the "perfect foam" that you chose?
Wow! That was in 2013 or about that. It had a high durometer reading. I used memory foam in that day as a topper. Today I would only consider latex as a topper it would be medium density.

You want to be supported by the foam not fall into it. the comfort comes from the topper, I can sit for hours with latex without TB.

I would say avoid “leatherette“ PU leather, bonded leather, unless you don’t mind cleaning up the flakes that start coming off in a few years. I much prefer a good fabric. Microfiber seems to function well, too.

Latest resources

Back