Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

whitleyw5

RVF Newbee
Can anyone help me with how to remove this ceiling light and replace. I cannot figure out how to remove it from the ceiling.

Attachments

• D33B38C7-D021-49E4-8D4D-7A45CC811F41.jpeg
    D33B38C7-D021-49E4-8D4D-7A45CC811F41.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 19
By the looks of it, you have to remove the two Phillips screws and pull it out. The third holding point is the little tab opposite the two screws.

No, those two screws are tiny tiny, and only release the thin plate the diodes are on. Even then it won’t come out without damaging. There are two tabs. One will push in, with difficulty, the other not at all. I’m stumped. Every video I’ve watched makes this look simple, but none are quite like this.

The normal Newmar ceiling led is held in place with steel spring clips. Carefully pry up the edge of the entire unit until you can get under the lip. Apply strong pressure and the entire unit will pop out. Those springs are pretty strong so it takes a bit of force. The units are usually hard wired in so you need to cut the wires. Make sure you cut the wires close to the bad unit to leave as much as you can to make rewiring easier.

Latest resources

Back