Chassis
Prevost
Engine
Volvo D13
TOW/TOAD
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
I went to replace the wiper blades today and ordered the trico rv wiper blades that I carried as a spare.

These are flimsy and the screw that holds it on the wiper arm is nothing compared to what’s on there now. Before I put them on, I wanted to see what others are using.

I think @CoreyinWP has the 411 on what to get which I actually just installed last week.

Yes. I was reacting to the plastic piece and the set screw that was included in the box making me wonder if this wiper blade is durable enough. If you say they work, that is all I need to hear.

Yes. I was reacting to the plastic piece and the set screw that was included in the box making me wonder if this wiper blade is durable enough. If you say they work, that is all I need to hear.
Well, assuming that nothing has changed since I bought mine (a couple years ago), the Trico 67-361 blades have worked fine for me. The plastic channel piece is just a spacer and doesn't need much strength.

You referred to a "set screw." Mine came with a small bolt and nut. Is that what you are referring to? This cross bolt is what secures the wiper to the arm and allows the blade to pivot at that point.

If it is, indeed, a true "set screw" then maybe something has changed as I didn't get one of those.

TJ

Looks like that wiper blade is also available here...

...for less cost, but you would need to buy four (or some other product) to get free shipping. Buying four would give you a spare pair. Something to consider.

TJ

You referred to a "set screw." Mine came with a small bolt and nut. Is that what you are referring to? This cross bolt is what secures the wiper to the arm and allows the blade to pivot at that point.

I probably used the wrong term like set screw. I should have studied it closer. My coach is in storage so next time I’ll examine it. If the wiper blades are working great for you I am good and will put them on.

I bought extras while doing the factory pick up. I use stand-offs to keep the wipers of the glass while parked. I also wipe the rubber down with armorall

Well, assuming that nothing has changed since I bought mine (a couple years ago), the Trico 67-361 blades have worked fine for me. The plastic channel piece is just a spacer and doesn't need much strength.
@TJ&LadyDi I’m about to change my wiper blades for the first time. They are 3 years old. Do you still recommend the Trico 67-361? Also, I saw another thread where you were looking to stop the wiper mid way across the windshield. Did you find a way to stop the blades or did you have to change the blade while stowed behind the front fascia?

Latest resources

Back