Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
If it comes down to replacing this washing machine, which was a little finicky yesterday...for those that have done this or know of someone that's done it, how do you get the washing machine in/out of the coach?

Yesterday it didn't go into high speed spin so I had drenched clothes. I tried a drain/spin - no luck. I then moved the clothes around, did another drain/spin and it worked. I'll keep fiddling with this but it may come down to replacing it. The other dilemma is I can spend $500 in parts (shocks, top control panel as I broke the knob, maybe a new drain pump) or I can spend $1k in a new compact washer. I will go with a LG or Samsung most likely. There is quite a choice in 24 inch front load washers, disappointed Newmar chooses the worst of the worst (yeah, follow the money as with all of their choices), but when it comes to 120V dryers the pickings are really slim. Almost all electric dryers, even compact, are 240V.

Regarding the dryer, do you think it reasonable to wire one for 240v? Using both legs of a 50 amp hookup? The 110v unit is marginal at best. We end up hanging anything with any heft. towels, etc. Just takes too long in the dryer, multiple cycles...

Why replace the dryer? They don’t break at nearly the rate of washers...

It is nice to have dry cloths....:) at the end of the cycle.

You're lucky to have the room to get a 24" machine in and out. I have 22 1/2" and that's after removing the pocket door into the bathroom. I've searched and there is not many (two) REAL washers that fits that dimension - Panda just came out with one. I say real because there are a couple .9 or .6 cu ft, like hand washing in a sink.

Anyone have experience with Equator Washer and Dryer set? They will JUST fit through the door into the bathroom where my W/D are stacked.

My 2020 has Splendide washer & dryer. Thought they were supposed to be much better than Whirlpool. We do enjoy ours, & no issues, so far!

My 2020 has Splendide washer & dryer. Thought they were supposed to be much better than Whirlpool. We do enjoy ours, & no issues, so far!
Neal, if you can get a Splendide washer in there then that would be my suggestion. When we bought our 4369 it came with the first Whirlpool we had ever owned in an RV. We spent over 3 years fighting that stupid washer. When we set up our current fiver I couldn't wait to install a new Splendide washer and dryer. This is our third Splendide set and just like the other two they have been perfect every load. Unlike my new LG frig. Ice maker still won't work.

There was a Splendide combo washer/dryer in my previous '04 Moutain Aire, original, and it worked perfectly, at 15 years of age. I believe the Splendide is a great product for RV's!

how do you get the washing machine in/out of the coach?

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 11

Latest resources

Back