RV Make
Holiday Rambler
RV Model
30pdd
RV Length
31'
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Wrangler
Looking for tips, experiences, and pictures. We are going to upgrade our interior on our smaller 31' Class A. The 60" wide jackknife sofa is about worthless. Both are in the living room slideout. Thinking if we ditch the booth, we could gain some valuable inches for a slightly larger tri-fold sofa. It's a deep slide, and when it is retracted, it makes a tight squeeze to get by the booth into the bedroom/bathroom area. It's just the two of us, so we have already picked out a 3 piece that we like (comfy chairs and smaller round table with two fold down leaves). We will toss 2 cheapo folding chairs under the bed just in case. I have already checked the booth for carpet and wall finishes behind and under. It's all there, and no electrical or obstructions.
Questions for those with freestanding dinettes: Do things move around when traveling? Do you miss not having a booth? Thank you for any input.
20200429_103254.jpg
20200429_074537.jpg

Last edited:
RV Year
RV Make
Holiday Rambler
RV Model
30pdd
RV Length
31'
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Wrangler
If you can see in the above pictures, the booth takes up the whole slide out width. Kind of dark back there. I should of opened the blinds in the bedroom! Having that gone sure would make it easier to get to the bedroom/bathroom while we are traveling. I would have to imagine all that solid wood that Holiday Rambler used is pretty heavy. Maybe my slide motor will thank me when it's gone!
Also, what would be the best thing to do with the booth once we take it out? Sell it? Store it? I would have to clean the garage to do that! Give it away?

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
New Aire 3543
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2020 Jeep Gladiator
In our old coach, also a short one, we had a weird banquette/sofa thing that was horribly uncomfortable. I took it out and replaced it with a wide loveseat with footrests. We had a “cocktail“ table that we could put between the captain’s chairs. When we stopped, just swiveled the chairs inwards towards the table. Plenty of room for dinner for two.

RV Year
RV Make
Holiday Rambler
RV Model
30pdd
RV Length
31'
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Wrangler
Well, we ordered the freestanding dinette, and a new Lay-Z-Boy tri-fold sofa. The new sofa is 61" wide vs 59" wide with the old jackknife. I think we will be safe coming up with only 3 extra inches. I will post up after we make the conversion.

RV Year
RV Make
Thor
RV Model
Hurricane
RV Length
32ft
TOW/TOAD
2018 Nissan Rogue
We removed ours. We never used the table so we got ride of it. Here is the before and after. We bought furniture from a Badcock Furniture and Big Lots. The one thing you do have to watch for is the manufactures take shortcuts and run wires under the benches. At least mine were that way. I installed a track to turn the wires along the wall to keep them out of the way. The last picture shows the track.

Attachments

Last edited:
RV Year
RV Make
Holiday Rambler
RV Model
30pdd
RV Length
31'
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Wrangler
We removed ours. We never used the table so we got ride of it. Here is the before and after. We bought furniture from a Badcock Furniture and Big Lots. The one thing you do have to watch for is the manufactures take shortcuts and run wires under the benches. At least mine were that way. I installed a track to turn the wires along the wall to keep them out of the way. The last picture shows the track.
That looks great! Thank you

RV Year
RV Make
Holiday Rambler
RV Model
30pdd
RV Length
31'
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Wrangler
Well, that's done! Much more room to get to the back with the slide in. Tri fold has a usable bed, and more comfortable to sit in than the old jackknife. New light fixture for table on its way.
Time to find something else to do!

20200507_142554.jpg
20200507_141318.jpg

RV Year
RV Make
Thor
RV Model
Hurricane
RV Length
32ft
TOW/TOAD
2018 Nissan Rogue
Well done! Looks like you added more room in the area.

Jim

RV Year
RV Make
Tiffin
RV Model
Phaeton QTH
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock
Yep, I like the changes. Looks much better.

RV Year
RV Make
Four Winds
RV Model
Chateau Sport
RV Length
Just finished our space yesterday - no slide. We are leaving it empty until we find the right comfy chair. Excited about the drop down shelf for eating. Feels like so much more space!

Attachments

Jim

RV Year
RV Make
Tiffin
RV Model
Phaeton QTH
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock
Just finished our space yesterday - no slide. We are leaving it empty until we find the right comfy chair. Excited about the drop down shelf for eating. Feels like so much more space!
Looks great! lol, looks like someone got a watch for their birthday. :)

RV Year
RV Make
Holiday Rambler
RV Model
30pdd
RV Length
31'
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Wrangler
Looks like so much more room! We have taken our first trip with the new couch, table and no more booth. So much better. No more squeezing into the back when on the road.
One more change to our small remodel, the dinette light fixture. The old HR light had some brass plate peeling. Swapped it out for a oval led light fixture. Amazon find. It was less than $20!
20200508_124622.jpg